Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2015 1:50:57 PM EDT
I ordered one of their new Acer LB holster on February 23 of this year and still haven't received it I originally thought it was going to be 4-6 weeks but I later found out I read the site wrong and it was going to be 8-10 weeks I decided well I am on week 5 and can wait a few more weeks as i don't EDC my Glock 19 with inforce everyday well it is week 10 + 1 day and no email so I contact them they now are saying 10-13 weeks WTF Bravo no email letting me know my holster is gonna take more time? and WTF 4 months to produce a holster I have seen TWO videos of the Acer DG2 holster on YouTube TWO........... They are not that popular. I will not be purchasing from them again this is ridiculous those wait times are as bad as when Sandy Hook happened I mean I seriously can't find a holster company with a four month wait for a holster other than bravo..........WTF.

Rant over
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Bravo has responded they did redeem themselves with their CS although it had to be forced I will say I was a little harsh on them but still I don't think I will purchase from them again.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 5:27:57 AM EDT
[#2]
10 weeks+ for ANY cheap Kydex holster is ridiculous..........You could have had a custom made from one of the better holster makers in about the same time. I went through the same thing a few times, and they never contact you, hoping you will just go along with their bullshit. Hope it's worth the wait...............
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered by ACER non-lb on 02/15 and still haven't received it. When I ordered it there was no wait time listed on their website. I emailed them two weeks ago and they told me it should ship by the end of April. Here it is May 6th and still nothing.

ETA: Just sent them another email reference my order. Will update when they reply.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:28:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Update: I received a reply and was told that they would check production and have it shipped out tomorrow. Hopefully they can follow through
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 12:21:28 AM EDT
[#5]
My experience with Bravo Concealment.

Ordered an OWB Shield holster, which they offer quick ship, but I fucked up and didn't order it that way.

Took 10 weeks. When the holster showed up, it was for an M&P 9C, not a Shield. Took them 2 weeks to ship the right holster and a return sticker to me. On a product that is quick ship 5-7 days.

Next order, OWB mag holder for the Shield. The holster was good, so I decided to try a belt carrier for the mag instead of pocket carrying it.

Mag pouch shows up, and if I turned it upside down, it dumped the mag right out. Zero retention is my best description. I've used Uncle Mike's nylon gear that had better retention.

Took 3 weeks on that one to get a decent replacement.

Bravo Concealment makes good products, but they really need to up their game in quality control, and quotes on wait times.

If you fuck up my order that's normally available shipped in 5-7 days, I expect you to have the product at my door in 5-7 days, from initial contact you fucked up, not 2 weeks.

And on the mag carrier, do they just play press and go with the machines?

I've gotten kydex since then from small manufacturers who produce a far superior product, at a cheaper cost, with less wait time, and they deliver 100% everytime.

Can't say that about Bravo who is 0/2 on initial delivery.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Well this news certainly sucks. I've got a mag pouch and holster on order from them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I thnk i will be going with JM Custom for my holsters after reading this. I know I will have it in eight weeks and it has a retention screw.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered two holsters, one from bravo and one from KT mech with the intention of canceling whoever didn't ship first. Have to say, I am very happy with my KT Mech holster for my FNX 45.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 1:43:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Today's update: BC failed to follow through on shipping my holster today. Here's my shocked face
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:02:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Today's update: BC failed to follow through on shipping my holster today. Here's my shocked face
View Quote

And a 10% cancellation fee if you cancel before it ships.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea after over 10 weeks of waiting I'm not gonna cancel at this point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they actually get my order right.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#12]
got a shipping email two days ago "of course my loud mouth was barking in the EE and I got put in a timeout sorry I haven't posted recently" they have a 2-3 day review period? what in the blazing fucks do they do for 2-3 days to review a holster.........
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 3:26:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Same thing happened to my order the other year. Placed order in Jan w/ 8-10 week advertised wait time. Weeks later I checked website and they updated to 10-12. Updated again to 12-14 weeks. I asked about my order and they said it is delayed because of "overwhelming orders placed around SHOT show".

11 weeks later I got a shipping notification . It didn't get updated for a week, so I asked and they said it was "delayed at our shipping station" and eventually got mailed out.

As for the quality of the holsters, it was alright. The magazine placement on the dual mag holster was too close for my liking. I ended up selling the holsters because I didn't like them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 5:25:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, screw that
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:30:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
got a shipping email two days ago "of course my loud mouth was barking in the EE and I got put in a timeout sorry I haven't posted recently" they have a 2-3 day review period? what in the blazing fucks do they do for 2-3 days to review a holster.........
View Quote

Lucky ass. Who do you have in your pocket over at BC?

Ordered mine on 02/15 and still have not had it shipped even though BC told me it would ship by the end of this past week.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Raven and G-Code had similar if not worse shipping times and CS for a while, but I think they are better now. Still there are plenty of kydex holster makers with much better shipping times and CS
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#17]
UPDATE: Finally got a shipping notice this morning! Going to make sure I play the lotto tonight
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
UPDATE: Finally got a shipping notice this morning! Going to make sure I play the lotto tonight
View Quote

did you get a free shirt
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

did you get a free shirt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

did you get a free shirt

No idea yet but it's scheduled for delivery on Thursday, so I will update the thread again. Hopefully they threw in something to compensate for the unexpected wait.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Update: I received my holster in today and it looks to be of decent quality. Would I spend $75 and wait another three months for another one? Probably not. If this holster came in at $40 and had a two week wait max, maybe. I had to do some final finishing on the edges of the soft belt loops as they had sharp spots on them that dug into my finger.

Also, don't expect any free Bravo Concealment swag with your order, I got nada.

Just for reference, my holster is for a Glock 19 and is OD Green Kydex with the Panther (black) suede.

Now for the pictures:

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I was considering looking at BC for an OWB holster to compare to my Raven, but after your story and the other stories I've read in this thread, I think I'll just stay with my Raven.

Also, by the pics, it doesn't look worth $75, 3 month wait and a bunch of run around crap. It looks like nothing any different than what many Kydex makers are producing at a fraction of the cost/wait time. Maybe I'm wrong? I can't tell the quality of the mold with the suede over the top.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:43:38 AM EDT
[#22]
got mine today! had a half day at work today UPS brought lots of goodies I finished my 20" upper and got my bravo holster!

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Update: I received my holster in today and it looks to be of decent quality. Would I spend $75 and wait another three months for another one? Probably not. If this holster came in at $40 and had a two week wait max, maybe. I had to do some final finishing on the edges of the soft belt loops as they had sharp spots on them that dug into my finger.

Just for reference, my holster is for a Glock 19 and is OD Green Kydex with the Panther (black) suede.

Now for the pictures:

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75/camoman33935/Mobile%20Uploads/6F026654-A12A-4B68-AE34-8BF3118A048F.jpg

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75/camoman33935/Mobile%20Uploads/E40F9F2A-C288-4795-812F-9A36BDB34430.jpg
View Quote

Would you mind sharing how you feel about the retention of the holster?  Ive adjusted mine 6 ways to Sunday and its still pretty poor.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 2:27:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Would you mind sharing how you feel about the retention of the holster?  Ive adjusted mine 6 ways to Sunday and its still pretty poor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now for the pictures:

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75/camoman33935/Mobile%20Uploads/6F026654-A12A-4B68-AE34-8BF3118A048F.jpg

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75/camoman33935/Mobile%20Uploads/E40F9F2A-C288-4795-812F-9A36BDB34430.jpg

Retention on mine seems to be decent. I only had to tighten the screw closest to the trigger guard. I was able to get it where I could shake it with my loaded Glock 19 upside down and it would stay put.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:14:36 AM EDT
[#25]
I bought a BC holster from a member here on the forum and all I can say is it's a very well made product. I normally make my own but decided to buy it. I've never dealt with their CS but the product- I'm very happy with.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:48:58 AM EDT
[#26]
I have 2 holsters from Bravo, and am not impressed with the retention(or lack thereof) on either of them. One is an OWB that came in about 2 weeks from the quick ship option, and the other is an AIWB model that took more than 10 weeks to even ship. After paying a premium price and waiting more than 2 months for the Appendix rig, I was not impressed with what I got when it came in. Ive tightened the hardware as snug as I feel safe to without harming the kydex, and the gun will still literally fall out of it if I were to lay down on my back. The corners aren't very rounded off at all on the one I received either, so its not very comfortable to wear for any period of time. I still carry the holster because its easy to throw on and off, and I can practice drawing from it at the range, but I wont be buying more holsters from them in the future.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:25:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have 2 holsters from Bravo, and am not impressed with the retention(or lack thereof) on either of them. One is an OWB that came in about 2 weeks from the quick ship option, and the other is an AIWB model that took more than 10 weeks to even ship. After paying a premium price and waiting more than 2 months for the Appendix rig, I was not impressed with what I got when it came in. Ive tightened the hardware as snug as I feel safe to without harming the kydex, and the gun will still literally fall out of it if I were to lay down on my back. The corners aren't very rounded off at all on the one I received either, so its not very comfortable to wear for any period of time. I still carry the holster because its easy to throw on and off, and I can practice drawing from it at the range, but I wont be buying more holsters from them in the future.
View Quote

To be fair I always set my own tension with my kydex holsters. I took my BC holster and set some tension around the chamber area / ejection port to get to release I desired. On the light bearing holsters the tension is on the light. I never 100% liked this so that's why I adjust it until I get it just right. My pistol will not come out without a good pull even if shaken upside down.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:To be fair I always set my own tension with my kydex holsters. I took my BC holster and set some tension around the chamber area / ejection port to get to release I desired. On the light bearing holsters the tension is on the light. I never 100% liked this so that's why I adjust it until I get it just right. My pistol will not come out without a good pull even if shaken upside down.
View Quote

I tightened this way down, and the gun still doesnt stay in if the holster is turned upside down. The only way for me to get more retention on it from here would be to remove the rubber o-rings and try to find a thinner pair.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:14:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I tightened this way down, and the gun still doesnt stay in if the holster is turned upside down. The only way for me to get more retention on it from here would be to remove the rubber o-rings and try to find a thinner pair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:To be fair I always set my own tension with my kydex holsters. I took my BC holster and set some tension around the chamber area / ejection port to get to release I desired. On the light bearing holsters the tension is on the light. I never 100% liked this so that's why I adjust it until I get it just right. My pistol will not come out without a good pull even if shaken upside down.

Ahhh- Either look at the length of the chicago screw to be sure it hasn't bottomed out or you can cut your rubber spacer down to get the tension you desire.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:15:38 AM EDT
[#30]
You shouldn't need to cut the spacers down, just take a hair dryer and heat the kydex around the trigger guard and press it in more with your thumb and done. Instantly more retention. If it's too much, heat the area again and remove/add the gun a couple of times to relax it back out.

I've done this on nearly all of my kydex rigs to get it where I like it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 3:07:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You shouldn't need to cut the spacers down, just take a hair dryer and heat the kydex around the trigger guard and press it in more with your thumb and done. Instantly more retention. If it's too much, heat the area again and remove/add the gun a couple of times to relax it back out.

I've done this on nearly all of my kydex rigs to get it where I like it.
View Quote

Ill give this a try, thanks for the suggestion. Ive seen this talked about before but didn't know if a hairdryer would be enough heat to remold the kydex.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 12:20:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Bummer,

I ordered an RTT a few years ago. Took about 5-6 weeks at that time. I had emailed CS a few times about the order. They were always prompt and polite.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 5:37:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Single mag pouch for the GLOCK 43:

Ordered 4/23/15

Shipped 6/5/15

Delivered 6/8/15

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Single mag pouch for the GLOCK 43:

Ordered 4/23/15
Shipped 6/5/15

View Quote

I'm 2 weeks behind you. Hopefully mine will ship out soon, as well.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 8:44:18 AM EDT
[#35]
im not here to shit in anyones cereal, but if you are looking for quality holsters but not looking towait the 8-10 weeks that bravo concealment has here is a good option.

for most common hand guns they have holsters you can just add to cart and checkout with.

LINK
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 4:31:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Lest anyone forgets: Raven Concealment has a production time of similar lengths.

Bravo ACER DG2 Holster:

Ordered   5/2/15

Shipped   6/19/15

Delivered ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top