Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2015 1:22:07 PM EDT
I just purchased a G19 Gen 4 and now I am looking for a holster. I do not have my concealed yet since I am 20 years old. I am looking for a holster that is either leather, plastic, or a hybrid. I am not looking for a nylon holsters.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a reasonably priced holster?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I posted this in the other thread:

"For OWB hip carry, there's nothing nicer, more comfortable, or more concealed (an OWB that rivals some IWBs for concealment), than an Alessi CQC-S. A basically identical alternative is the Ritchie Leather CQQR."

You mention reasonably priced, and these nice leather holsters will be in the $150 range unless you find a good price on a used one on the EE. Perhaps a kydex holster would be a better choice if you're looking for something more affordable. To keep with the same level of concealment in a kydex and less expensive package, I love recommending the X Concealment "C" holster. It's basically an all kydex pancake style holster--very comfortable and rides very close to the body for an OWB.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I posted this in the other thread:

"For OWB hip carry, there's nothing nicer, more comfortable, or more concealed (an OWB that rivals some IWBs for concealment), than an Alessi CQC-S. A basically identical alternative is the Ritchie Leather CQQR."

You mention reasonably priced, and these nice leather holsters will be in the $150 range unless you find a good price on a used one on the EE. Perhaps a kydex holster would be a better choice if you're looking for something more affordable. To keep with the same level of concealment in a kydex and less expensive package, I love recommending the X Concealment "C" holster. It's basically an all kydex pancake style holster--very comfortable and rides very close to the body for an OWB.

View Quote

Do you know anything about the BLACKHAWK Serpa holsters?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I need one for an open carry on the hip, not concealed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

A lot of instructors ban them because people like to shoot themselves in the leg with them. You have tons of OWB options. Alien Gear, Raven Concealment, Bravo Concealment, DSG. Just spend some time cruising youtube until you find something you like. You'll probably get about a dozen different answers through the forums.

I'd stick my kydex. Leather tends to soak up a lot of sweat in the summer and can cause problems after a while.

http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/phantom-modular-holster-for-glock-pistols/

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#5]
You might want to check out the G-Code kydex holster. I have one for my G-19. You can get it with several different types of belt attachments. Mine has the paddle option. They run about $50.00 total. You can find them on eBay for less.

G-Code Holsters

The G-Code is the OD green one in the middle:

The other two are from Bravo Concealment. Great rigs, but they will run you around $70.00 or so new. The one on the left for my G-26 cost me $50.00 from another member here on the forum. The one on the right was off of eBay that I got lucky on and picked it up new for $26.00

There is a member here on the forum that makes some great looking kydex holsters too:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_161/1019829_Kydex_holsters______Custom_work_____Fast_delivery_times.html
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You might want to check out the G-Code kydex holster. I have one for my G-19. You can get it with several different types of belt attachments. Mine has the paddle option. They run about $50.00 total. You can find them on eBay for less.

G-Code Holsters

The G-Code is the OD green one in the middle:

<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/mic214/media/Firearms/Glock%20Trio%202.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/mic214/Firearms/Glock%20Trio%202.jpg</a>

The other two are from Bravo Concealment. Great rigs, but they will run you around $70.00 or so new. The one on the left for my G-26 cost me $50.00 from another member here on the forum. The one on the right was off of eBay that I got lucky on and picked it up new for $26.00

There is a member here on the forum that makes some great looking kydex holsters too:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_161/1019829_Kydex_holsters______Custom_work_____Fast_delivery_times.html
View Quote

I really like the G-Code Kydex holster. My dad uses them for his G26 and G27 for concealed carry. I love the sleek, simplicity of the G-Code line. Also, not a bad price!
Thank you mic214
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#8]
For OWB use,

I'd go with blade tech DOH or Ready Tactical.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I purchased the Serpa Sportster for my back up holster while i wait for my Kydex G-Code XST.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been carrying a G23 for several years in either a OWB Raven Phantom or a JM Custom AIWB. Most days it's in the RCS on a WT belt, but the JM works wonders on really hot t-shirt days and you don't need a purpose built belt to support it.

Side note: Unless you live in a really rural area, don't bother with the open carry BS. It can't be that long til your 21st birthday. Up here in Michigan, a bunch of jackasses who thought they were supporting the second amendment have decided to have open carry "walks" around several area schools causing lots of media coverage, lockdowns, etc... Many of them carrying M14's on their backs and whatnot. These pseudo tough guys are doing nothing except causing a ton of anti-gun legislation to make it into the house and senate. Everyone of them rocking dime store Uncle Mike's nylon or a Blackhawk Serpa. They are not gun advocates, they are clowns.

Never draw needless attention to the fact that you are armed
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been carrying a G23 for several years in either a OWB Raven Phantom or a JM Custom AIWB. Most days it's in the RCS on a WT belt, but the JM works wonders on really hot t-shirt days and you don't need a purpose built belt to support it.

Side note: Unless you live in a really rural area, don't bother with the open carry BS. It can't be that long til your 21st birthday. Up here in Michigan, a bunch of jackasses who thought they were supporting the second amendment have decided to have open carry "walks" around several area schools causing lots of media coverage, lockdowns, etc... Many of them carrying M14's on their backs and whatnot. These pseudo tough guys are doing nothing except causing a ton of anti-gun legislation to make it into the house and senate. Everyone of them rocking dime store Uncle Mike's nylon or a Blackhawk Serpa. They are not gun advocates, they are clowns.

Never draw needless attention to the fact that you are armed
View Quote

I do not plan on doing open carry 24/7. only while i'm outdoors fishing, hiking, camping, boating, kayaking, etc. I hate people who flash their guns around. That is what causes people to have a bad taste towards guns. Also, I do live out in the country. I will turn 21 in early January. I only bought the Serpa for a temp holster until my other one is being made.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Very happy with my JM Custom OWB.  Exceptional attention to detail and a very smart design all the way around.  Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A lot of instructors ban them because people like to shoot themselves in the leg with them. You have tons of OWB options. Alien Gear, Raven Concealment, Bravo Concealment, DSG. Just spend some time cruising youtube until you find something you like. You'll probably get about a dozen different answers through the forums.

I'd stick my kydex. Leather tends to soak up a lot of sweat in the summer and can cause problems after a while.

http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/phantom-modular-holster-for-glock-pistols/

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-63unu/uxoc9dc/products/76/images/415/RCS35__01834.1405320646.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-63unu/uxoc9dc/products/76/images/415/RCS35__01834.1405320646.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Another vote for the Raven Phantom.  Buy once, cry once.  And when you finally get your CCW permit a year from now, it'll work great for that, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top