Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2014 11:11:22 AM EDT
I am going to shoot in my first USPSA production match pretty soon and wanted to get some feedback on which holster everyone likes to use. Unfortunately the only holster I have right now for my production gun is a Bravo Concealment light bearing holster. Any help would be great. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Run what you got.  Use it as practice for your edc.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Bladetech is the go to holster for many many USPSA and IPDA shooters.  You use the DOH attachment for USPSA to drop and offset the holster and take it off for IDPA.  I use them for both with a Glock and M&P.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
This is the correct answer.  No need to buy something new when you're just starting out, as long as your current gear is safe.  If you get serious about it you can upgrade later.

I use a bladetech for uspsa and 3 gun.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:34:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

His light-bearing kydex holster would require the light be attached to the gun to use, and in USPSA and IDPA you cannot have a light mounted per the rules.

The most popular companies for "competition" oriented stuff for production would be Comp-Tac, Safariland, or Bladetech.  If you like your Bravo Concealment, those type of pancake holsters also work fine, but you'll need one for your gun without the light.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

His light-bearing kydex holster would require the light be attached to the gun to use, and in USPSA and IDPA you cannot have a light mounted per the rules.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

OP: Take a look at the Safariland 5199 at Midway.  They are a little tight, but run about $25 shipped.  These are simple holsters and used by some of the top shooters in the sport.    

My preference is for Drop Offset Holsters from RLN or Bladetech.  Comptac also has the International (I have not used this one though).  These will all run in the $60-70ish price bracket.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can do USPSA with the light attached, but you would then have to shoot in Open division.  For your first match it really doesn't matter what division you're in; might as well try out one match with what you've got before going out and buying all new gear.  That being said, if you're going to start shooting Production get a Blade Tech or Comp Tac.  Comp Tac's been having a lot of sales recently if you sign up for their email list.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I use the Safariland 567. I like it a lot.  Can be used with different pistols if necessary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top