Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2014 4:31:20 AM EDT
Looking for a holster to use with a G19 that has the. RMR sight,on it.

Thanks for suggestions
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Will this be concealed or open carry? Mounted on belt, leg, or other? Any preference to material? What level of retention do you want?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will this be concealed or open carry? Mounted on belt, leg, or other? Any preference to material? What level of retention do you want?
View Quote

Open carry range gun for wife.  Will look at retention and non retention models.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Open carry range gun for wife.  Will look at retention and non retention models.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Non retention
http://dalefrickeholsters.com/product/michael-rmr/

retention
You'll have to talk to them and see if they worked out the kinks with the RMR sizing they once had when this holster first came out.
http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=6354DO

The other option, but not a fan favorite source for it.
http://www.onesourcetactical.com/tsd-blade-techwrsrmrequippedtacticalholstersystem.aspx#.U-vhHmOKx8E
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Just had a custom IWB Low Rider made for my G23 RMR setup. Molded in sweat guard.  Very comfortable and solid retention.  www.rmholsters.com  Ask for Kee.  

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 1:14:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks good. My rear sight is behind the RMR as it's a tsd conversion.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I just modified a Safariland level 2 holster designed for a Glock with a mounted SF X300. What I did, was some careful work with a dremel cutting disk and medium grit sanding drum. I cut about a 2" "U" shaped slot into the top of it, thus making it a level 1 holster, due to the removal of the thumb lever under the hood. After cleaning up the cuts with the sanding drum, I went a step further with some 400 grit sandpaper followed by 1200 grit, to  smooth and polish. The end result, is it appears like it was built the way I modded it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Raven + Dremel = profit.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:30:24 PM EDT
[#8]

I did the same. Your's looks alot nicer than mine. I just took enough of a notch out to clear the RMR. Looks like I need to do a little more "polish" on my cut.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I did the same. Your's looks alot nicer than mine. I just took enough of a notch out to clear the RMR. Looks like I need to do a little more "polish" on my cut.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That is my 2nd one.  The first one still looked fine after I cut on it, but it had a full guard and needed more material removed.  I ended up cracking that one around the trigger guard and ordered the short guard on the replacement.  Anyway, a little light sanding will give it a nice "finished" look.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:46:42 AM EDT
[#10]

I really would suggest using a dremel sanding drum to radius out that corner of your cut, the sharp corner you have there creates a break point.  Nice mod though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top