Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 11:12:26 AM EDT
I have a chronic pain condition that makes me hypersensitive to pain.  This is what can happen when people run red lights.

I want to find a comfortable holster for my Kahr.  

I have used leather single clip models, but they tend to shift around on me.

I also have a Crossbreed (the larger model), but it's kind of big and the front lower corner tends to dig into the front of my hip when I have it positioned where I want my gun to ride.  I think it's a little too wide.

I am thinking about the Alien holsters or the N82, since they have neoprene.  I'm guessing that makes them comfortable.

I am wondering if the N82 will shift around on me.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a member of your health club and honestly after trying 1/2 dozen different holsters I went back
to my original carry Bianchi single clip, rough outside holster for my commander Colt..
I recently replaced it after 30 years of use as the original just started to feel brittle, drying out and it began to walk around my waist a bit as
it had gotten smooth.

El Paso saddlery is my first choice.. EZ Carry is similar to the Bianchi product, a bit stiffer, thicker and better craftsmanship, just didn't have the $50 to buy when seeking to replace my original

you can see the Bianchi quality differences, I'd go for the El Paso product..
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a N82 Pro for my G26 and I do like it on hot sticky days but it doesn't conceal as well as my Foxx hybrid.

What's nice is that when you sweat the suede doesn't feel hot and it clings even better to the skin keeping the holster from moving. However, if you're not wearing a purpose built gun belt the single clip has a tendency to angle backward (depending on where you carry) throwing your cant off. What I have done to counter this is I got the cant to where I liked it, then added just a bit more so when it moves a bit sitting/bending it goes right to where it needs to be. Also, the twist to release retention takes a little getting use to.

My foxx hybrid is comfortable, but having the polymer grip rubbing on my sweaty skin is irritating at best. I've found more and more that on cooler days when an undershirt and cover garment (usually a camp shirt) isn't too hot I just carry OWB and say f*ck it. Carry comfortable, carry all the time. I'd rather some nannies see the bottom of my holster than go without my gun or be uncomfortable all day. The N82 is the only IWB I have worn that I can wear all day and feel ALMOST as comfortable as OWB :)
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a N82 Pro for my G26 and I do like it on hot sticky days but it doesn't conceal as well as my Foxx hybrid.

What's nice is that when you sweat the suede doesn't feel hot and it clings even better to the skin keeping the holster from moving. However, if you're not wearing a purpose built gun belt the single clip has a tendency to angle backward (depending on where you carry) throwing your cant off. What I have done to counter this is I got the cant to where I liked it, then added just a bit more so when it moves a bit sitting/bending it goes right to where it needs to be. Also, the twist to release retention takes a little getting use to.

My foxx hybrid is comfortable, but having the polymer grip rubbing on my sweaty skin is irritating at best. I've found more and more that on cooler days when an undershirt and cover garment (usually a camp shirt) isn't too hot I just carry OWB and say f*ck it. Carry comfortable, carry all the time. I'd rather some nannies see the bottom of my holster than go without my gun or be uncomfortable all day. The N82 is the only IWB I have worn that I can wear all day and feel ALMOST as comfortable as OWB :)
View Quote

If you have the proper width belt for the clip (or vise versa), the holster can't rock fore and aft, altering the cant.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#4]
True, I think the clip is for 1.75" or maybe even 2" (have not verified) and mine is 1.5". Webbing belts like my former Wilderness CSM 1.5" it would move fore and aft. On my beltman 1.5, it's pretty rare that it does. Though I just leave the clip in that angle anyways even though I phased out my wilderness belts
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the N82 on my SA XDm .45 compact and i would highly reccomend it to someone looking for an IWB.  As stated the twist motion takes a little getting used to, but with a little practice it will become second nature.

Super comfortable even in the summer when im not wearing an undershirt, and the leather/neoprene backing even covers the grip so you dont have that rubbing on you either.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Great thread, I just ordered the N82.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't know which Kahr you have, but I use a Crossbreed Mini-Tuck for a P-9 and really like it.
It's "right sized" for that gun.

Personally, I can't imagine using a full sized supertuck for a gun that small.

I also use a thin kydex with a wide belt clip for appendix or quick on / quick off carry.
That's a Cooks Holsters product
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I love my MTAC, I have worn it for several years now
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#9]
The m-82 holsters are great for the small guns. I still like my MTAC though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I just received my new Aliengear Tuck 2.0 yesterday and I say it is already more comfortable than my old leather holster.  I thought about going with the N82 holster but was worried about the single clip design and the twist to pull to unholster.  90+ degrees yesterday and 98+ today and it seems way cooler so far than my old leather one.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Just purchased an alien gear tuck 2.0 and a Onyx by stealth gear for my p938 extreme. Let's see which one gets to me first and which is more comfortable..
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#12]
If you're looking for pure comfort you can't beat the High noon Bare Asset holsters. Would be a great fit for your pistol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top