Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2014 1:08:34 PM EDT
I'm looking to update my G19 with a light. While I like the x300 I'm fearful of it being too bulky for concealed carry. My other option is the Inforce APL, however with the mixed reviews I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on one.

I have done research and haven't found a thread like this, I don't want it to turn into another X300 vs Inforce thread but hopefully some of you that either carry an X300 or have been in the same dilemma and can give me some insight.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
All depends on body type and if you are willing to spend what it takes for a proper holster and not some off the shelf uncle mikes BS. I have  a 19with an APL that conceals perfectly with an APL OWB. IWB is not going to happen for me and that setup.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
TLR-3.  Light output isn't as bright but it's small and durable as hell.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All depends on body type and if you are willing to spend what it takes for a proper holster and not some off the shelf uncle mikes BS. I have  a 19with an APL that conceals perfectly with an APL OWB. IWB is not going to happen for me and that setup.
View Quote

I'm 5'7 160 and pretty stocky, the custom kydex for it will be the next investment once I figure out what light. Thanks for the reply, OWB is not an option in hot florida as shorts and a basic t shirt are year round attire. however training at the range, or hunting where size is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Dale Fricke made an appendix holster for me for a G17 w/rmr and Surefire X300. Works well and is comfortable
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:14:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies guys, now I'm just hoping to hear from someone with an APL.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Saw a vid of apl flying off while shooting.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#8]
19 + APL makes sense size wise. Shouldn't have any problem with it staying on the gun. On .40 however, it is a crap shoot, but only if you are actively pressing on the light when you shoot.

300U on a 19 is just crazy. You might as well chop a 34 to take 19 mags, because you're adding 1 1/2" to the length of the muzzle with no associated gain in muzzle velocity (if you use the 19). TLR 1 is small as well, but pretty heavy.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
19 + APL makes sense size wise. Shouldn't have any problem with it staying on the gun. On .40 however, it is a crap shoot, but only if you are actively pressing on the light when you shoot.

300U on a 19 is just crazy. You might as well chop a 34 to take 19 mags, because you're adding 1 1/2" to the length of the muzzle with no associated gain in muzzle velocity (if you use the 19). TLR 1 is small as well, but pretty heavy.
View Quote

Multiple videos out there.

Click here
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't really speak to concealing the Glock 19 X300U setup with your body type, because I have about a foot and 100lbs on you...  But I will tell you that the X300U is a great light that takes a good amount of abuse. It is very bright and has a great pattern.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I carry a Glock 23 with an X300U with a DG switch installed in a hybrid holster close to a Crossbreed Supertuck. Very comfy and it disappears under a T-Shirt.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Click here
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click here

I've had multiple issues with my APL and Inforce ended up giving me a full refund.  In short their solution was to change the way I grip the gun and it's a known problem and forward force under recoil will launch the light.  The fuck???  Go with a TLR-3 if you want small.  The APL is great on paper and I wanted to not believe the internet that people were having problems so I bought one....internet was spot on in this instance.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the replies guys, X300 it'll be. Now just saving to get the light, OWB and IWB all at once.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I've had multiple issues with my APL and Inforce ended up giving me a full refund.  In short their solution was to change the way I grip the gun and it's a known problem and forward force under recoil will launch the light.  The fuck???  Go with a TLR-3 if you want small.  The APL is great on paper and I wanted to not believe the internet that people were having problems so I bought one....internet was spot on in this instance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click here

I had 2 of em.  Really wanted it to work.  Ditched my WML too after reading about switch problems.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm looking to update my G19 with a light. While I like the x300 I'm fearful of it being too bulky for concealed carry. My other option is the Inforce APL, however with the mixed reviews I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on one.

I have done research and haven't found a thread like this, I don't want it to turn into another X300 vs Inforce thread but hopefully some of you that either carry an X300 or have been in the same dilemma and can give me some insight.

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

I couldn't find a 300X and the ultra is to long for my P30S 3.86

I tried the APL but it can pop off easy.

So I settle on a TLR-1  about the same size as a X300.

I had Tony / JM make me a custom IWB-L  based of his V3.   A simple fold over . zero cant, low ride, full guard, pull dot loops.  I hate clips/hooks.

I carry at 3:00 P30S/TLR-1   and it carries well

I cant tell any difference when a carry my no rail P229  40cal .

Matter of fact I think the P30S carries better IWB

BUT GET THIS FIRST

I've carried IWB for 3 decades now and pretty much immune to discomfort. Now recoil is a different story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top