Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2014 11:53:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#1]
There are better lights out there that do not launch off your gun when you try and activate it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 1:48:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are better lights out there that do not launch off your gun when you try and activate it.
View Quote

have you experienced this personally?

I have heard they updated the design

I like the size a lot
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 3:19:38 AM EDT
[#3]
My first one did that all day long, but they replaced it about 8 months ago and it's fine now.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Both of my APLs are of recent manufacture, (about 3 months ago), and I've yet to have an issue, while shooting with or without a suppressor (suppressors have been said to cause the APL to fly off more often)
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I've experienced this on multiple pistols, with 2 different APL lights about 3 months ago.  1 was bought from Brownells and the other came direct from Emissive Energy (Inforce).

Quoted:

I like the size a lot
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the size a lot

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#6]
According to INFORCE they are awaiting new production that should be done end of summer sometime. I know this because I have the issue others are talking about where the light falls off the gun. I don't even have to shoot it I can just pull it off. That's only on pistols though, on a rifle rail it's nice and tight.  I have an RA# to send it back for replacement. I love the light otherwise.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#7]
i have my APL on my sig scorpion, never had an issue with it..
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 1:12:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered one from chief.com for $118.99 shipped! I hope I get a good one
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:47:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
According to INFORCE they are awaiting new production that should be done end of summer sometime. I know this because I have the issue others are talking about where the light falls off the gun. I don't even have to shoot it I can just pull it off. That's only on pistols though, on a rifle rail it's nice and tight.  I have an RA# to send it back for replacement. I love the light otherwise.
View Quote

I wonder if their gay ass fucking excuse of "you need to change the way you grip the gun and activate the light" will still be told to customers....
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I wonder if their gay ass fucking excuse of "you need to change the way you grip the gun and activate the light" will still be told to customers....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I only had comms via email but I wasn't told that. Just an apology for my dissatisfaction of the product and an RA# to send it in. It's a relatively new product so I expect some opportunities and learning on their part. Hopefully they'll take their learning's and improve on the light because it's a perfect sized bright enough light.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I have been toying with this light for about a week it doesn't come off like others have experienced on both my glock 19 and FNS 9 (it actually starts to bowe the glock frame when I try to twist it off). I tried it on my AR it works but my offset light works better. I don't have a hard time activating the light but I have smaller hands I just ordered a holster for it we will see how that works out!

BTW I compared it with a few different lights

Tlr1 its brighter
TLR 1HL is dimmer but still effective
X300 little less brighter in the middle and a lot less flooding
My stylus pro way brighter but the pen light is half the size
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I got this one last week and put 144 rounds through my G19 with it mounted (some while using the momentary switch even though it was day time).  No issues so far.  I'll be shooting with it more once my new holster arrives.  I love how thin it is.  Should be great for concealment.  Testing it out around the hose, it's more than bright enough to get the job done.

Link Posted: 6/23/2014 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I got an APL on my Sig 2022 with over 2500 rounds through it with the light on; not one issue.

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 12:58:34 AM EDT
[#14]
the problem isn't when you shoot with the light "on".  The problem is when you hit the momentary paddle quickly while the gun is under recoil.  When your thumb goes in and the gun returns from recoil it pops off
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I have had 1 for about 4 months and have had zero issues with it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:36:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Any more word of this?

Mine have run without issue on a few different pistols (1911, Glocks, M&Ps) and a couple of ARs for kicks.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#17]
So basically Inforce is fixing the light falling off issue?  I am really interested in one but was concerned that if I bump it good that the light would come off.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been looking for one to purchase for the past week. Anyone know where they're in stock?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've been looking for one to purchase for the past week. Anyone know where they're in stock?
View Quote

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/tactical-inforce-apl-flashlight/apl/
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Hat trick!

I've shot the gun, drunk the coffee and own the light.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen

or fall off when drop on the carpet  from knee high!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
the problem isn't when you shoot with the light "on".  The problem is when you hit the momentary paddle quickly while the gun is under recoil.  When your thumb goes in and the gun returns from recoil it pops off
View Quote

The mounting system just sucks!

while it never came off while shooting it has pop off when drop knee high on carpet.

if it pops off the rail that easy , then what its going to do under combat conditions?

Love the light hate the mount.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#24]
OP I have one for sale.

I opt for a TLR-1 300lumen until surefire makes a compact.

I had Tony / JM make me a simple custom  IWB-L for P30S/TLR-1

Its based off his V3 but with my specs.  Zero cant , full guard, low ride, pull dot loops.  for 3:00 carry

I cant tell any difference when carrying the P30S/TLR-1

I had no Idea how easy it is. I should of done it years ago.

Draw is just as fast . and the only down side is that it takes a little practice to re holster it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I like the size a lot
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the size a lot

I sent several Emails stating it had a poor mounting system and that was last year.

It only takes a tiny bit of force for it to pop off.   As for having the finger on the switch and shooting I see nothing wrong with that method.  I do it all the time with the cheap TLR-1
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I sent several Emails stating it had a poor mounting system and that was last year.

It only takes a tiny bit of force for it to pop off.   As for having the finger on the switch and shooting I see nothing wrong with that method.  I do it all the time with the cheap TLR-1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the size a lot

My emails back and forth with Emissive Energy were heated, to say the least.  The CS there just flat out sucks.  To those of you who have APL's that lock up tight I'm happy your light works.  Sadly mine did not and it's a shame as it was a pretty sweet little WML, but between the problems with the light and the shit attitude of the CS I'll stick to Streamlight and SF.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

while it never came off while shooting it has pop off when drop knee high on carpet.

if it pops off the rail that easy , then what its going to do under combat conditions?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could twist mine off using hand pressure.  Oh and hitting the bezel with something hard (hand held light, leatherman, etc) caused the light to activate/deactivate.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have tried dropping it from about 4 feet three times (although that really isn't realistic) but it didn't fall off the Glock 19

the light hates the FNS 9 though although the light is going to be sitting on the Glock

I am not worried about the light as I have put close to 300 rds with it on using the momentary on feature no problems

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I put about 1k through my G17 with my APL mounted and have had no issues. It held up just fine during night fire too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:55:57 PM EDT
[#30]
maybe it's because I run M&Ps...who knows??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top