Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2014 12:57:22 PM EDT
I am looking for a EDC belt, I plan on carrying a P226 in a bravo concealment DOS holster. I have been using a incog for my xds and loved it using a regular belt but its a cheap one from tj max. it has been working well but since its reversible its stating to get loose. its a brown/black leather 1.75 width, I am thinking of trying a 1.5 but I do like thick belts. I only like brown leather. but I have been looking at the ose and others.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Very happy with the two (black & a dark brown) 1.5 horshide belts I ordered from http://agcustomgunleather.com/store/product/1-12-inch-custom-horse-hide-leather-belts/  

Link Posted: 2/16/2014 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been looking at these 2

http://icestore.us/I-C-E-Claw-RAC-Range-and-Carry-Belt.html      in Black/ urban gray

and

http://store.volundgearworks.com/index.php/volund-gearworks/atlas-ghook-belt/1-75-inch-black-foliage-atlas-belt.html

and now this

http://www.aresgear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33_58_62&products_id=414
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been wearing my Ares for over 2 years now.  I even use it when I am not carrying.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#4]
soebelts.com low pro edc belt or if you want the cobra buckle they have one of those too .
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Hank's Amish Belt. I carry a Glock 23, and a 1911 with it daily.

Wilderness is my backup belt.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been wearing a Beltman Horsehide with stiffner for years. Well broken in now .

The Beltman
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Crossbreed belt was my first real gun belt and its outstanding. I wear it all the time now, even when not carrying. I also have an HSGI cobra belt that worked well while i was breaking it in for my battle belt. I liked the cobra buckle a lot so i bought an soe edc belt (disclaimer there are reports of the owner being less than pleasant or professional around, however that was not my expierience, ymmv) and it is well built, adjustable outwards quite a few inches to you could carry a raging judge if you felt so inclined, and then adjust it back for non carry wear.  Ive read good things around the interwebs on thebeltman belts as well, Im considering one myself for the collection.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Saddleback Leather Tow Belt  "strong enough to tow a truck"

100 year warranty
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
[url=http://www.hanksclothing.com/hanks_amish_belts_ccw_the_gunner.html]Hank's Amish Belt[/url]. I carry a Glock 23, and a 1911 with it daily.

View Quote

I've got one of these.

Very high quality, good value.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 3:16:42 AM EDT
[#10]
What are your opinions on 5.11 Trainer (1.5") or Operator (1.75") belts? Sorry,...don't mean to hijack.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What are your opinions on 5.11 Trainer (1.5") or Operator (1.75") belts? Sorry,...don't mean to hijack.
View Quote

I am a larger guy, and started with the Amish belt that was in this thread. Good belt.

Once it stretched out, switched/tried out the 5.11 Trainer and Operator, and now have 3 of each. Love the belts, nice and stiff, very heavy duty, and no stretching!
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I am a larger guy, and started with the Amish belt that was in this thread. Good belt.

Once it stretched out, switched/tried out the 5.11 Trainer and Operator, and now have 3 of each. Love the belts, nice and stiff, very heavy duty, and no stretching!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I placed an order for the Trainer belt minus 20% discount yesterday. Can't wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Yup I ordered one more in black with the 20% of deal.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Get yourself an Atlas from Volund Gearworks. Very sturdy and the G hook is very low profile. I like it better than the Wilderness belt it replaced. You have a good choice of colors also.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Bullhidebelts.   I've been wearing one of their belts for over a year now and really like it.  A very solid belt for carrying a holster all day.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have been wearing a Beltman Horsehide with stiffner for years. Well broken in now .

The Beltman
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Hank's Amish Belt. I carry a Glock 23, and a 1911 with it daily.

View Quote
My Amish belt didn't make it 6 months before severe sag set in. I'm using a Ares Enhanced Ranger belt now and it works great.

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Theis Jake Belt.  Very very happy with mine.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#19]
5.11 trainer belt is the way to go, been wearing mine for about 2 weeks now and love it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Very happy with the two (black & a dark brown) 1.5 horshide belts I ordered from http://agcustomgunleather.com/store/product/1-12-inch-custom-horse-hide-leather-belts/  

View Quote

Another vote for A&G.  Looks good and built to last.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The Beltman
View Quote

End thread.  I carry 10-12 hours a day on duty, and my Beltman belt is holding up great...had it for about 6 months now.  Works with a suit, tough enough to take a thrashing on and off-duty. Made in 'murica.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#22]

OP, sorry for the hijack, but does anyone here use a High Noon Rock Steady Belt?

After all the reading I've done, I'm leaning towards The Beltman or Crossbreed.  I may even get a couple.  I need leather since it's going to be worn with dress pants.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top