Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 11/16/2011 6:00:16 PM EDT
I was given a strong recomendation for Secret City Holsters, but I only see guns that I don't own, FN, Stey, HK, Glock, and MandP's

I'm a SIG guy, plus XD, and XDm does anyone know if they just have not updated their website? I've emailed them, but still no response.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe he is a one man operation which means he's probably limited to what he personally owns as far as making holsters. Unless someone wants to give him their gun to use to make the holster. Or maybe buy a blue gun to send to him.  He's got enough work for what guns he does have judging from a thread on another site.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Makes sense.  

3rd email still unanswered, oh well.  There's a guy in Bulgaria making some nice looking stuff, and it looks like it hugs closely, LHS holsters.

Can't believe I'm going to order a holster from Bulgaria, but what the hell? $50.00 includes shipping.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at Bravo Concealment. I believe they have some SIG and XD models listed.
I just ordered an OD Green holster for my M&P9 with TLR-1 and two mag pouches. $118 shipped

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an order from Secret City, and his SIG mold is on loan.   I have one holster in the queue, and did send him an e-mail late last month about sending him some more SIG people to him.  But he didn't  respond to my e-mail whether he still have the SIG.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#5]
the thread on the other site said his wife just had a baby earlier than expected.  I guess he's trying to get caught up.  His stuff looks really nice.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
the thread on the other site said his wife just had a baby earlier than expected.  I guess he's trying to get caught up.  His stuff looks really nice.

Well, hell that I can understand, my own Son is due in 5 days!!! So I can totally understand that babies take priority over holsters.

I heard his stuff is just impeccable for conceal carry, got a very strong recommendation for him.  

Cane and Derby SAY they are 30 days out, but there are a lot of very pissed off people on their facebook page with orders from July that haven't been filled.

I found these guys....LHS Holsters...I like the Centaur, flat against the body....

$50.00 bucks delivered, but again long wait time and international shipping times.  

I've got two high quality gun belts on the way, a Wilderness, and an Ares Gear (can't say much for the Ares Cust.Supp, or their supposed Guarantee, which they talk a good game, but don't really seem to stand by at all, at least I bought it from Weapon Outfitters and they are standing behind it 100%....

Maybe I should just order a Milt Sparks, again a long wait, but everyone says his stuff is very comfortable...

AND again, I've heard this guy is VERY good, his IWB makes sense, especially for what I'm dealing with disability wise....spine disease and all-http://brommelandgunleather.com/  and his OWB looks like a great execution of design.

I am in line with JMC Holsters, he looks like a small shop (Garage?) but I like his design too, it's not a carbon copy kydex imprint.

Just so many to choose from.

Pete's custom holsters
Pitbull tactical
Kaluban Cloak
Raven Concealment
Bravo Tactical
Secret City (if I ever get a hold of them...)

I don't really want to add to my box of holsters, right now the only thing I like is my Cozy Pardner, De Santis OWB.  I just could not get my Crossbreed to work for me, uncomfortable, printed like crazy, caught on all my shirts every time I bent over so I'm always pulling on my right side shirt....I keep pulling it out once in awhile, play with the J-hooks, and give it a shot....but still not happy with it at all.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#7]
@ Drenman..

About JMC holsters...  I have a RSKTKR being shipped as we speak via USPS Priorty.  Should be here soon.   What holster you got from him.

Ooh, and I found a phone number for Secret City, and left a voicemail today..
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#8]
He'll probably be on to answer your questions as soon as he can.  Seems like he posts on here a lot and always answers all the question that he can about his products.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey, guys, I'm Secret City Weaponeers.  I'm very sorry about not keeping up with correspondence very well.  My wife, who takes care of most of that type of thing for me nowadays, is somewhat out of action, due to the recent birth of our new daughter.  My wife's 7 years older now, than the last time we had a baby, and it has been unexpectedly hard on her, physically.  The result is that I have had to default to full time child care, for our other two kids.  It's been an amazingly tough year for us, here, with 3 spinal surgeries for our disabled 13 year old daughter (with possibly a 4th one coming), and my wife's unexpectedly hard pregnancy.  God willing, and without further calamities, I'm finally starting to get my little enterprise back on track.  All orders, from the very late, to those placed by end of November, should be shipped by Christmas.  If I haven't responded to your email recently, I'm sorry.  I get a LOT of them, and I'm digging through them as quick as I can.  Send me a PM here, and give me a nudge.

As for SIG stuff, specifically - The only two SIG pistols that I have on hand permanently are a SIG P226R, and P6 (P225).  I do have some friends local to me, who are good enough to loan me their SIG pistols (and others), for brief periods, so that I can make holsters.  I don't make holsters with "Blue Guns" replicas alone, as they're not 100% accurate in their dimensions.  Sometimes I mold on a Blue Gun, and sometimes I mold on a real gun, but I always use a real pistol for at least the final fitting, to ensure that the Kydex is molded for best fit/retention/draw.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 6:46:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Man, do I feel like an ass.....

By all means take care of your family.  I'd still like to order, especially considering what you've got going on.  I'm expecting my first child in 4 days myself, I'd like to say I can't imagine what you are going through but as a parent to be, I can.

If it's at all possible I'll IM you what I need, if you can make it––and damned the wait take as long as you need, I'd still like to give you my business.

I've got my own disabilities I've been dealing with in my spine for over a decade now, it must be very difficult to watch your child go through that.

I'll PM you about the rest of what I'd like to say, thank you for your reply, especially considering what you are handling.

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Re: Secret City Weaponeers... What's the difference between the holster for the M&P .40 FS and the Compact? I have a M&p .40compact.

Is the only difference the length of the slide part of the holster? Can I get the FS holster and use it with my compact?
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Re: Secret City Weaponeers... What's the difference between the holster for the M&P .40 FS and the Compact? I have a M&p .40compact.

Is the only difference the length of the slide part of the holster? Can I get the FS holster and use it with my compact?

The Compact holster is a little shorter in OAL than the FS holster.  You can fit the Compact pistol into the FS holster just fine, and some do that, but it's not the best way to go.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#13]
So I've since had an excellent back and forth with Secret City Weaponeers, and I'm ordering with confidence in their product, and greatly looking forward to it.
Great customer service so far, and i have not even placed my order yet.  I'm going to cancel another order I placed with a different company, and just wait for S.C.W. to come through with what I expect to be a great holster for my M&P 9mm.  

Quoted:
I was given a strong recomendation for Secret City Holsters, but I only see guns that I don't own, FN, Stey, HK, Glock, and MandP's

I'm a SIG guy, plus XD, and XDm does anyone know if they just have not updated their website? I've emailed them, but still no response.
Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

So I've since had an excellent back and forth with Secret City Weaponeers, and I'm ordering with confidence in their product, and greatly looking forward to it.

Great customer service so far, and i have not even placed my order yet.  I'm going to cancel another order I placed with a different company, and just wait for S.C.W. to come through with what I expect to be a great holster for my M&P 9mm.  
Quoted:

Thanks.

Yea Seraph is awesome in terms of customer service. It will be worth the wait.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hey, guys, I'm Secret City Weaponeers.  I'm very sorry about not keeping up with correspondence very well.  My wife, who takes care of most of that type of thing for me nowadays, is somewhat out of action, due to the recent birth of our new daughter.  My wife's 7 years older now, than the last time we had a baby, and it has been unexpectedly hard on her, physically.  The result is that I have had to default to full time child care, for our other two kids.  It's been an amazingly tough year for us, here, with 3 spinal surgeries for our disabled 13 year old daughter (with possibly a 4th one coming), and my wife's unexpectedly hard pregnancy.  God willing, and without further calamities, I'm finally starting to get my little enterprise back on track.  All orders, from the very late, to those placed by end of November, should be shipped by Christmas.  If I haven't responded to your email recently, I'm sorry.  I get a LOT of them, and I'm digging through them as quick as I can.  Send me a PM here, and give me a nudge.

As for SIG stuff, specifically - The only two SIG pistols that I have on hand permanently are a SIG P226R, and P6 (P225).  I do have some friends local to me, who are good enough to loan me their SIG pistols (and others), for brief periods, so that I can make holsters.  I don't make holsters with "Blue Guns" replicas alone, as they're not 100% accurate in their dimensions.  Sometimes I mold on a Blue Gun, and sometimes I mold on a real gun, but I always use a real pistol for at least the final fitting, to ensure that the Kydex is molded for best fit/retention/draw.

T

If I was nearby I'd loan you anything in my collection to help you out with molds, too bad it would be such a huge PITA to send a pistol to you across state lines.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#16]
You guys are saying some kind things, here, that I don't really deserve.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think you need to take credit where credit is due, my friend... I've been one of many who has taken note of all the updates you've made known regarding the behind the scenes of your business and family life, and I applaud you, Sir.  You are a family man who is working his ass off to care for his family (which is always #1), and runs his own business; which looks to have a prosperous future without a doubt.  I recently placed an order on your website for my M&P.... I'm excited to buy an outstanding/quality product, that's American made, from a man that seems to be leading by example of what it means to be a man.  You keep on keeping on, good Sir!  You're doing great things and making us proud.  Having said all that, I am very excited to receive my order from you when it gets here.  I have no doubts that I'll be making many more in the future!
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:14:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you need to take credit where credit is due, my friend... I've been one of many who has taken note of all the updates you've made known regarding the behind the scenes of your business and family life, and I applaud you, Sir.  You are a family man who is working his ass off to care for his family (which is always #1), and runs his own business; which looks to have a prosperous future without a doubt.  I recently placed an order on your website for my M&P.... I'm excited to buy an outstanding/quality product, that's American made, from a man that seems to be leading by example of what it means to be a man.  You keep on keeping on, good Sir!  You're doing great things and making us proud.  Having said all that, I am very excited to receive my order from you when it gets here.  I have no doubts that I'll be making many more in the future!

I really have no qualms at all acknowledging that I make a very nice holster.  I put a lot of effort into the design, and the actual physical making of them, so that I can be proud to issue them to my customers.  Also, I've done a bit of digging, to find the best components possible, so that I can honestly say my holsters are 100% American made (it doesn't matter to everyone, and it isn't possible with everything we do, but I think it's important to do it where it is at all possible).  EVERYTHING else you guys are saying is more a testament to your good will, charity, and patience, than it is to my character.  That's the truth.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for taking the time to post here Tony.
It is very much appreciated.
I look forward to the K25 G26 holster I ordered.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh I should mention that I have a holster for my FNP-45 coming from Seraph maybe this week (depends on holiday shipping and all that nonsense) and I intend to post a pictorial review as soon as I can put it through its paces.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Oh I should mention that I have a holster for my FNP-45 coming from Seraph maybe this week (depends on holiday shipping and all that nonsense) and I intend to post a pictorial review as soon as I can put it through its paces.

I saw that he mentioned all orders, from the very late, to November will be shipping before Christmas and I did a because I will get mine for Christmas Good present

Link Posted: 11/23/2011 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You'll have it in hand very soon.  Here's a peek:

Link Posted: 11/23/2011 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/Trisagion/K25FNP45/K25_FNP45_web_06.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/Trisagion/K25FNP45/K25_FNP45_web_05.jpg

Man that is looking good.

Link Posted: 11/26/2011 10:36:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I feel like an ass too. I've emailed Tony about 2-3 times in the last two weeks asking for a  status update. Of course I find this thread afterwards. Sorry about that Tony, should have looked around on here before jumping the gun.

I emailed you my updated shipping address a few weeks ago, let me know if you need it again. My email is [email protected].
Link Posted: 11/28/2011 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks incredible Tony!!!!

Thanks for posting the photos, I can't wait to strap it to my belt and get to practicing with it.

Link Posted: 12/5/2011 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Update:

My holster/mag-carrier combo arrived from Tony at Secret City Weaponeers this morning.

I'm going to post a pictorial and dry draw/fire review after putting it through its paces tonight.

All I can say for the moment is that the design and construction look SUPERB.  Rivets are flawless, the edges of everything have been carefully shaped and smoothed to avoid the holster snagging on anything, belt loop hardware is heavy duty and well attached.

Also, the shaping on the kydex is really well done.  I have made at least half a dozen kydex sheaths for knives, so I know how hard this can be to get right.

Review with pics thread:

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Update:

My holster/mag-carrier combo arrived from Tony at Secret City Weaponeers this morning.

I'm curious when you placed your original order. I know there are many people who have orders older than mine (9/1/11), but this is becoming tiresome.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update:

I'm curious when you placed your original order. I know there are many people who have orders older than mine (9/1/11), but this is becoming tiresome.

Damn. My order date is 16 October and I thought I was getting close to the front of the line.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#29]
There are people on this site as well as others I frequent who are 9+ months - I'm not sure if these are custom orders or what.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_23/118511_Secret_City_Weaponeers_Holster_received_with_pics_and_mini_review_.html
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#30]
The wait is indeed tiresome. But the product is well worth the wait. Every one that has fingered my K25 or Y-12 have commented how beautifully crafted it was.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Regarding the questions about when I ordered:  I ordered in July.

So, yes it took a while, but what finally arrived was of such high quality I don't have any regrets or complaints.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Mine is about to hit the 10mo mark!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Was yours a custom order? It seems parabellum_9x19 received his in less than six months, I'm not sure what to think of this.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Wow, I ordered a holster for m&p9 w/ tlr-1 on 9/9/11 and I highly doubt I will let it get anywhere near 10 months wait without requesting a refund. I hear nothing but good things about the holsters but 40 weeks is just rediculous. I also noticed that his website is down for some reason, which paired with the lack of communication is getting me a little worried. I also read a post on another board stating that 70% of the orders would be shipped before new years, which I would hope to mean that I will be getting mine soon as only 30% should be left to ship.

And before anyone says it, I've read the posts about about his family issues and I sympathize, but if the volume of orders is to the point where people are waiting 40+ weeks, then I don't believe that payment should be taken from our accounts immediately at the time of order. I find it funny that the payment can be charged so quickly, but emails and updates are so few and far between.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Tried contacting him through his site wondering where my order is and his site no longer loads. Tried 5 times so far.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Tried contacting him through his site wondering where my order is and his site no longer loads. Tried 5 times so far.

I'll try to call him tonight and see what's going on
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#37]
One of his buddies on M4C is gonna call him up tonight as well to get him to post over there. Hopefully we'll get some more info soon.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
One of his buddies on M4C is gonna call him up tonight as well to get him to post over there. Hopefully we'll get some more info soon.

Yep, that's me. I'm aflin on M4C. I haven't been able to get a hold of him. Left him a voicemail, will try tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#39]
He was active on this forum, having posted in this thread. But his profile shows the last login on Dec 21. His website
is now down.

I ordered Sep 28th, mainly because his lead time on the website showed 6-8 weeks. I'm just curious if anyone has received their order
recently, considering the 70% shipped by new year's quote.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

He was active on this forum, having posted in this thread. But his profile shows the last login on Dec 21. His website

is now down.

I ordered Sep 28th, mainly because his lead time on the website showed 6-8 weeks. I'm just curious if anyone has received their order

recently, considering the 70% shipped by new year's quote.

September 16th, and even after communication stating shipment out before Christmas, nothing.  I've been checking threads here, at M4C and lightfighter - the last person to post receiving a holster said his was received on December 7th.  He had ordered on May 11th 2011.  That's over half a year, and his order was #44.

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, I ordered a holster for m&p9 w/ tlr-1 on 9/9/11 and I highly doubt I will let it get anywhere near 10 months wait without requesting a refund.

I requested my refund this morning, before all of this began, though I'm not sure if they will get it as the website is down. If we don't receive any communication during the process other than second and third-hand snippets of information, how can I possibly rely on anyone there to stand behind their product? I'm done, maybe I'll have an opportunity to get one of these in the future to see what I'm missing out though I have my doubts. I've done a fair job at keeping out of these types of situations in the past which is probably more a function of being lucky than smart although it is too bad to see such a vaunted product turn into vaporware.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 6:56:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Does anyone have the email address for scw? All I have is automated responses to reply to and I doubt that will work.

Nvm I found it. Sent an email and will most likely be requesting a refund if no response is received this week. It's possible to just get the refund from PayPal is it not?
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#43]
I have one but he doesn't answer it. Only time he did is when I was originally asking about his product. After ordering, he didn't answer it again. [email protected]
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 8:50:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, those look nice.  

Link Posted: 1/9/2012 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#45]
The website seems to be back up.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Just FYI, PayPal does not make exceptions for lead times on custom built items. In fact, I was told that PayPal in no way will help with any dispute concerning custom built items or any item that is not ready to ship upon order, no matter the amount of time elapsed. And, yes I also see he site is back up, but still has the same outdated info/lead times.

Also PayPal gave me a customer service phone number for scw, which I called and got a generic sprint voicemail box which stated the phone number but no names. Feel free to pm me if you would like the number, as I'm not sure it is allowed to post it here.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have one but he doesn't answer it. Only time he did is when I was originally asking about his product. After ordering, he didn't answer it again. [email protected]

+1
Early September I asked if his 6-8wk lead time was correct, they quickly replied yes. No response to questions after order was placed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Early September I asked if his 6-8wk lead time was correct, they quickly replied yes. No response to questions after order was placed.

I also find it odd how quickly they were able to return an email concerning compatibility w/ thumb safeties prior to placing an order. Hmmm, coincidence?
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Last Login Date:
12/21/2011 12:53:10 PM CST

Last Post Date:
12/21/2011 12:54:58 PM CST

This is kinda concerning.  From my observatiions over the past couple of years, it's not like Seraph to not communicate like this.  He's always been relatively active on the various gun boards, and he almost always piped up on the boards if anyone had a question about one of his products.  I checked a couple of other boards he frequents and found that he's been inactive there, as well.  Hope all is well with him and he's just working hard to fill his orders.  I know there have been some health issues in his family from what he's posted in the past.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 2:49:11 AM EDT
[#50]
I have a feeling I'm going to get my Raven before I get his. I've had the same results as you guys. He was very responsible when asking about a certain configuration but now I can't get a response about an ETA. I don't mind waiting at all, I would just like an estimated time when I can expect it. Hopefully he is just busy working to fill orders.

ETA: he did respond to an IM in mid December. He obviously has a lot of medical issues to handle and said hes constantly playing catch up but he's working hard to fill his orders.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top