Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2016 1:08:41 AM EDT
So I'm looking for some cheap plinking ammo for my 1911 an I saw this stuff for sale at SGAmmo. I have no experience with this ammo and my Google fu must be super weak because I haven't been able to find any recent reviews of this ammo. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with it and if so would you recommend it or should I pass on it and find something else?
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Gtg in my G21 and G30
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 2:56:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Good to hear... You can't be the only guy that is running this stuff... Anyone else? Have you had any malfunctions at all? Does it feel weak or underpowered at all?
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 4:33:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I used a bunch of 9mm Geco, shot awesome, very much a full power target load. Only complaint was primer pockets are tight and can be a PITA to reload.

Never used the .45, but I wouldn't think twice about shooting the .45 based on my experiences with the 9mm.

ETA: Thanks for the reminder I'm low on .45, I'm going to order some
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used a bunch of 9mm Geco, shot awesome, very much a full power target load. Only complaint was primer pockets are tight and can be a PITA to reload.

Never used the .45, but I wouldn't think twice about shooting the .45 based on my experiences with the 9mm.

ETA: Thanks for the reminder I'm low on .45, I'm going to order some
View Quote

This! I use Geco 124 grain extensively in 9mm CZ Pistols. It's a nice full powered round no matter if it's manufactured in Switzerland, Germany, or Hungary; I've shot multiple batches from each facility. Actually, it shoots so accurately and reliable that I've started stocking it for SHTF instead of plinking with it because it's too nice for range fodder. It's really good ammo. I wouldn't hesitate to use it in any caliber.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#5]
GTG, and I buy the .45 and 9mm 124 gr to stack deep whenever I can, great shooting ammo, and I love the small boxes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#6]
No issues in my Glocks and 1911.  I like the stuff.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I noticed the Geco 45 hollow point is priced the same as most 45 ball ammo out there..And ive been thinking about really stocking up on it instead of Ball

Is the HP reliable ?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I've almost shoot a 1k rounds of the 230gn FMJ.  It's been great in my Glock 21.  No issues at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top