Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#1]
This.  FOR ME I don't see any benefit to .40.  In no way shape or form does .40 posses a special quality that I deem better than 9mm.  One of my main goals is managing recoil for quick and precise 2nd, 3rd etc shots and the added recoil that .40 posses is a deal breaker.  With modern day defense loads, like the this guy stated, devastation wise, I don't see a drastic difference.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bigger hole than 9mm.
Better barrier penetration than 9mm

Worse capacity than 9mm
Worse recoil than 9mm

Cost is ~15% greater than 9mm.

With modern holowpoint designs such as the most current Winchester T-Series, B-Series, Federal HTS, or Speer Gold Dots the performance advantage of the 40 is very minor, and IMHO not worth the additional recoil.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This  

Get a G19 barrel and a few mags and you can run both calibers. Same if you were to buy the G19. Get a G23 barrel and mags and shoot it like you stole it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got 2 - g27's and a g22.  Now, you can always get a used g23 and switch out barrels and get some pmags to shoot 9mm if he wanted...you can pick up a used one pretty reasonable.  So, if he wants a .40, the g23 would be great option.

This  

Get a G19 barrel and a few mags and you can run both calibers. Same if you were to buy the G19. Get a G23 barrel and mags and shoot it like you stole it.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.  You can't put a G23 barrel in a G19.  The barrel hood is too wide.  The G23 can be converted to 9mm, but not with a factory barrel, since the hood is to narrow.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top