Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2015 8:10:20 AM EDT

I assumed Blazer Brass 9mm and 45acp is good quality ammo?
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#1]
GTG.  I've run a bunch of .45 through my stuff.  Reloads just fine, too.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had no issues with it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#3]
PLENTY of 9mm digested by multiple pistols; zero issues.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Another plus to the Blazer Brass .45 is that it has small pistol primers.

A big plus for reloaders who don't want to have large pistol primers to stock, and they never need to switch over primer systems on their press!
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A big plus for reloaders who don't want to have large pistol primers to stock, and they never need to switch over primer systems on their press!
View Quote

That's a very good thing to point out. For me personally, it's the reason I don't buy the blazer in .45acp (iirc, some of the federal also uses small); I reload and have so much .45 brass laying around that uses the large primer, that having the small version would create problems & complications for me. For some as you describe, it could be a benefit; to me it's actually a detraction.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#6]
My VP9 loves the Blazer Brass.

On the other hand it really hates that Winchester Nato 124gr stuff.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I have not had issues with Blazer brass.

Neighborhood of 25k rounds in various guns.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have shot 8 boxes (so far) of Winchester 124gr NATO rounds without issues in my VP9. Blazer works well too as the gun range I go to sells Blazer.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's a very good thing to point out. For me personally, it's the reason I don't buy the blazer in .45acp (iirc, some of the federal also uses small); I reload and have so much .45 brass laying around that uses the large primer, that having the small version would create problems & complications for me. For some as you describe, it could be a benefit; to me it's actually a detraction.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely +1

I hate having to sort .45acp by the size of the primer pockets.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 2:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]
You can pretty much count on anything from CCI/Speer/Federal being good to go.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have shot 8 boxes (so far) of Winchester 124gr NATO rounds without issues in my VP9. Blazer works well too as the gun range I go to sells Blazer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My G17 likes that 124 NATO stuff too.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Seems to do just fine for plinking.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Used to shoot a lot of their 9 mm and 45. Had a bad 100 rounds of 45, with multiple (15-ish) underpowered rounds leading to 3 squibs.

I know it was just a bad lot (all from same lot #), and it happens to every manufacturer, but I haven't shot any BB since.

Still use some of their aluminum cased 38, but haven't shot it in a long while, either, I guess.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Used to shoot a lot of their 9 mm and 45. Had a bad 100 rounds of 45, with multiple (15-ish) underpowered rounds leading to 3 squibs.

I know it was just a bad lot (all from same lot #), and it happens to every manufacturer, but I haven't shot any BB since.

Still use some of their aluminum cased 38, but haven't shot it in a long while, either, I guess.
View Quote

Just curious , did the squibs cycle and chamber the next round ?
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Both calibers gtg with me.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

This comment does not inspire confidence, first the recent VP-9 test, and then comments about being finicky on a std mil load.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This comment does not inspire confidence, first the recent VP-9 test, and then comments about being finicky on a std mil load.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I never run out and buy the latest and greatest.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I have used both without issue.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 12:02:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have had great luck with Blazer Brass in both 45 and 9mm.  Also good brass to reload.

About the above, I sold my VP9 about 6 months ago.  Not because of any issues with the gun or any tests I had seen, it just never "grew" on me.  But it did function 100% with all ammo I tried.

Could you explain what type issues you had with this ammo?  I am getting ready to pick up a 500 round case of the Win Nato stuff from Sam at SG Ammo for my Sigs and CZ guns.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:32:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I've been shooting the Blazer Brass 9mm for a long time and have not had any problems.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#21]
The Blazer Brass shoots a little dirty but always goes bang. I've shot a lot of it and never had any issues.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#22]
I used to shoot the hell out of this stuff when I could find it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were all in a revolver.  Fortunately nothing but a range day, so easily noticed something didn't sound or feel right.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 2:04:35 AM EDT
[#24]
This last spring two of us shot 1200 rounds of Blazer 45 ACP, at a training school and did not have any issues.  Some Blazer brass that I have found at the range had small primer pockets, that could cause an issue if using a progressive press.  Otherwise no issue here.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Fired a 100rds of 9mm and 45acp through my Glocks today.  Every round fired just fine.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top