Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2015 2:49:45 PM EDT
This stuff seems much hotter than just +P. If these specs are accurate, it's pretty strong stuff. More like +P+?

Caliber : 9mm+P
Bullet : 115gr.  JHP
Speed: 1315fps / 4.5" Glock 17
Muzzle Energy: 442 ft lbs

Link
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This stuff seems much hotter than just +P. If these specs are accurate, it's pretty strong stuff. More like +P+?

Link
View Quote

Well, considering Speer lists their 115 grn +p+ Gold Dots at 1277 fps  out of a Glock 17, I'd say something was amiss.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Never will buy any.

NEVER will visit NY either. Pro gun states only.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#4]
This isn't meant to be a discussion on the manufacturer and their political allegiance. It's not the point. I'm well aware. I was simply pointing out the specs of the ammo.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#5]
At $44 per 50 rounds, I'll pass.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This isn't meant to be a discussion on the manufacturer and their political allegiance. It's not the point. I'm well aware. I was simply pointing out the specs of the ammo.
View Quote

You must renounce any future purchases of this ammo to be considered an honorable ar15.com member.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL. Trust me. I'm never buying any. My concern is the +P label with those specs. That's seriously hot ammo. Enough to cause concern with its classification as only +P.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LOL. Trust me. I'm never buying any. My concern is the +P label with those specs. That's seriously hot ammo. Enough to cause concern with its classification as only +P.
View Quote

If you are never buying any why do you care?
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 12:08:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Probably never get those #s. I'd buy a box to chrono, but as pointed out above, giving them money isn't the right thing to do..
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Because I'm curious as to why other manufacturers don't put out that hot of ammo as +P.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 11:43:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link
View Quote

+P+ isn't a SAAMI term, it just means beyond +P.

Corbon 9mm is hotter still:

https://www.corbon.com/General/original-jhp.html

Caliber: 9mm Luger +P
Buller: 115gr JHP
Speed: 1350 fps / 4.0" barrel
Muzzle Energy: 466ftlbs

I'm not convinced it's really any better than Federal HST.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cool.  It must be hell to shoot; I guess that's why Ted endorsed it.  Heh.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Relatively new here. (Hi!) How can an arms/ammo company be anti-rkba? Isn't that kind of an oxymoron? Or does something like being in favor of background checks make one anti-rkba in the eyes of some?
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Relatively new here. (Hi!) How can an arms/ammo company be anti-rkba? Isn't that kind of an oxymoron? Or does something like being in favor of background checks make one anti-rkba in the eyes of some?
View Quote

Read this for the background on the Piece Munitions fiasco.

I don't feed trolls, I'll assume this is a serious question.  No, not at all.  You can be in the business of making guns/ammo and be pro/anti-RKBA.  Following state and federal law does not make one pro/anti RKBA, it just means you want to stay out of prison.  Lobbying for a state/federal law that hurts individuals RKBA for your personal benefit is wrong.  Politicians extorting contributions from companies under pain of harmful legislation is wrong.  Rewarding politicians for passing laws that hurt individual RKBA for your personal benefit is wrong.

For some background on Washington DC really works read these books.  And report back.  They should be available at your local library.  Or maybe not if you're in DC.  Heh.

Extortion
Throw Them All Out

and while you're at it, this one too:

Clinton Cash
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't feed trolls, I'll assume this is a serious question.  No, not at all.  You can be in the business of making guns/ammo and be pro/anti-RKBA.  Following state and federal law does not make one pro/anti RKBA, it just means you want to stay out of prison.  Lobbying for a state/federal law that hurts individuals RKBA for your personal benefit is wrong.  Politicians extorting contributions from companies under pain of harmful legislation is wrong.  Rewarding politicians for passing laws that hurt individual RKBA for your personal benefit is wrong.

For some background on Washington DC really works read these books.  And report back.  They should be available at your local library.  Or maybe not if you're in DC.  Heh.

Extortion
Throw Them All Out

Clinton Cash
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Extortion
Throw Them All Out

Clinton Cash

I'm temporarily living in NE Texas but going to be going back next Spring. I know all about how money sloshes around in DC. It's wrong but it's not going to be solved until we hold the politicians feet to the fire and tell them they are not going back if they don't take the issue seriously and fix it. We need a law to reverse the Citizen United SCOTUS decision would be a good start. Campaign finance laws have been so weakened at this point it is basically a free for all.

I've never read much about the NY SAFE Act. But I've read it now and the parts no one likes are the assault weapons ban and the rules on ammo sales?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#16]

I'm punching out, you're a troll.  Bye
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 11:13:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Link
View Quote

That's out of 4.50" barrel. What's the velocity out of 4.0"? That's marketing BS to make it impressive.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:31:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I wouldn't buy it either.

Ted faked mental lllness to avoid the Vietnam draft, and now wraps himself in the Flag.

He also sings songs about fornication with underage girls.

I'll pass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top