Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/10/2015 9:28:54 PM EDT
I just bought a 1000 rd case for 210$ shipped of re manufactured 9mm is this stuff any good? I heard a lot of good thing and not many bad things about them I just want to see what you have to say.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I've shot loads of FM .40, 9mm, .223, 5.56, .308 , .38 reman with no issues. Some will tell you otherwise but I think he overall consensus is GTG.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I've gone through a case of 9mm 115gr FMJ, half a case of .223 55gr FMJ, and a couple hundred .223 60gr Vmax. No problems so far.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for all the answers I couldn't pass up a case of 9mm for 210$ shipped
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:56:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Should have asked before you bought. With the price of good factory ammo being so low right now there is no way I would chance anything with Freedom ammo.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I have shot thousands of rounds of their 40 S&W and .223/5.56 with zero issues
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Target Sports has in stock 1K rounds of Aguila 115grain FMJ for $219.80 shipped .
They also have Federal 115grain FMJ for $229.80 shipped .
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#7]
This subject has been covered before.

Basically some people have good luck, and others, like me, had multiple issues, and some poor folks got blown up guns out of the deal.

Not worth the risk IMHO.

I'll stick to new factory made stuff.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:56:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I shoot a lot of 9mm and .45ACP every month and  IMO the cost difference doesn't justify taking a chance with their new production or even their reloads.

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I have purchased 6,000 rounds from Freedom and I have a little under 2,000 remaining. While I have not had a problem as of yet, one of my best friends had one recently. The suck part is I was the one to tell him about them.

So he orders 1,500 rounds, 1000 9mm and 500 .45 . A few boxes into the .45's and he gets what Springfield determined too be a double charge. When the double charge went off it also ignited the round below it inside the magazine. Long story short, a cracked 1911 frame, destroyed magazine and particles removed from his face. Springfield has handled everything with the firearm without question at no charge. Freedom started off talking a good customer service game, but has sense fallen on their face. He returned 400+ unused rounds to them. It's been over a month and customer service acts like they are unconcerned and he has yet received replacement rounds.

With all that being said, what is the word on the streets with other manufactures and this type of situation? I know Freedom has lost 2 customers over this incident.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have purchased 6,000 rounds from Freedom and I have a little under 2,000 remaining. While I have not had a problem as of yet, one of my best friends had one recently. The suck part is I was the one to tell him about them.

So he orders 1,500 rounds, 1000 9mm and 500 .45 . A few boxes into the .45's and he gets what Springfield determined too be a double charge. When the double charge went off it also ignited the round below it inside the magazine. Long story short, a cracked 1911 frame, destroyed magazine and particles removed from his face. Springfield has handled everything with the firearm without question at no charge. Freedom started off talking a good customer service game, but has sense fallen on their face. He returned 400+ unused rounds to them. It's been over a month and customer service acts like they are unconcerned and he has yet received replacement rounds.

With all that being said, what is the word on the streets with other manufactures and this type of situation? I know Freedom has lost 2 customers over this incident.
View Quote

Wow i did shoot 400 rds of my 1000 and so far so good. I just sent in my XD 9 into the custom shop for a carry job!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wow i did shoot 400 rds of my 1000 and so far so good. I just sent in my XD 9 into the custom shop for a carry job!!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd like to see pictures when you get it back. I have not sent anything to the custom shop yet.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'd like to see pictures when you get it back. I have not sent anything to the custom shop yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will just wait 6-8 weeks lol
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#14]
FM has blown up guns of all calibers. There is literally no reason to use them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got it back from the shop last week the trigger is like glass, I love it. The Trijicon night sights were installed with a high degree of care. Most importantly the gun shoots great.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I've gone through about 2500 of the 147gr reman from Freedom.
It's been 100% functional but It is a bit less accurate in my Glock than any factory ammo I have tested.

I can get factory loaded brass case 9mm locally now for around 220-230 a case, so for the time being this is what I'll be using.

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:01:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Pretty much same post last time this topic came up.

I've shot roughly 6-7k worth of Freedom, and in short, I will not be buying from them again.  I've suspended my email subscription and am purchasing ammo from other sources.

Initially, I had great luck shooting their new/reman 115gr.  I was super happy and was solely shooting their ammo.  Then I ordered up 2 cases for a Costa Ludus pistol course.  In the course of the 3 days, I experienced 6 FTF.  My friend who also ordered 2 cases experienced roughly 7-8 FTF of his own.  A gal in the course who had a case experienced a squib.  I thought it had to just be a bad production run.  After the course, I bought another 2 cases of 124gr and am working through it.  In those two cases I've experienced another 2 FTF.  

Now, that may not be a significant number, but I've experienced more FTF in these past few months than I have over the course of my entire shooting past.  Saving $10 on 1k rounds is nice, but not worth it.  I'll stick with the factory rounds going forward.  Too bad, really.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I've stopped using their reman and stick with their new.

Several woefully underpowered rounds.  No issues with their new stuff, however.

And they are no longer my sole source.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Guy next to me this weekend shot about 800 rounds of their 9mm. I dunno if it was new or reman. He was shooting an XDS.....didn't have any ammo issues that I saw.  Boxes were the newer pink breast cancer support boxes.....
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:40:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I recently bought one box each (50 rounds) of their reloaded 45acp 230 grain round nose and hollow point. I will hopefully test them this weekend and check back. If there is no issues through my 1911 and my Glock 30 I will buy a case of each, to start. I'll be looking at their brass exchange program too.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#22]
As I said earlier, undercharged rounds were the issue I had with FM reman.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#23]
CURIOUS:

Lots of posts with people saying the new is fine but had problems with reman.  That doesn't make sense to me.  The only diff SHOULD be using a new case v previously fired.  I assume they are using the same components (primers/powder/bullets) and the same machines to load them.  Underpowered loads, FTF etc shouldn't be any different.  I could see if bullets were loose, or more prone to setback etc from poorly re-sizing brass but all the complaints I've seen in these threads (and there a lots of threads) involve power/consistency/FTF etc.

Am I missing something
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
CURIOUS:

Lots of posts with people saying the new is fine but had problems with reman.  That doesn't make sense to me.  The only diff SHOULD be using a new case v previously fired.  I assume they are using the same components (primers/powder/bullets) and the same machines to load them.  Underpowered loads, FTF etc shouldn't be any different.  I could see if bullets were loose, or more prone to setback etc from poorly re-sizing brass but all the complaints I've seen in these threads (and there a lots of threads) involve power/consistency/FTF etc.

Am I missing something
View Quote

My issue was poorly sized brass.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:29:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CURIOUS:

Am I missing something

That would make sense.  All the other neg posts in here (and from what I recall on other Freedom Munitions threads) are underpowered, one with FTF and on double charge.  I don't see how those problems would be different with new v. reman (once again, assuming they use the same equipment and components).

ETA: not trying to make the point that "hey even the new must be bad".  Personally I've shot a few thousand rounds in 9/40/45 and didn't have any problems (all reman)
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#26]
You can buy new IMI from Wideners for less . There is no reason to gamble with freedom.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You can buy new IMI from Wideners for less . There is no reason to gamble with freedom.

View Quote

9mm not 45acp
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

9mm not 45acp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

9mm not 45acp

To be fair, I wouldn't buy any caliber of FM.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#29]
I just shot through 1000 rounds of 9mm and had one failure to fire.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9mm not 45acp

Okay, you've posted three times in this thread and each time was basically to shoot down Freedom Munitions. You wouldn't buy their ammo, there's no reason to buy their ammo and they've blown up guns in all calibers. What is your experience with Freedom Munitions? Have you lost a firearm to their ammo or have you been injured? Have you had an issue with their ammo being under-powered or the brass not being sized correctly on their remanufactured stuff?

Wouldn't explaining your statements be fair?
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#31]
I made it to the range today. I had purchased a 50 round box of 45 ACP Round Nose (FMJ) and a 50 round box of 45 ACP  Hollow Point (JHP). Both boxes were remanufactured ammo. I fired 20 rounds of Federal HST through the 1911 first. I had one failure to feed with the HST. My 1911 has never liked hollow points. The round was in my mag marked #1. I then fired the 50 FM Hollow Point rounds. I also had one failure to feed out of the same mag marked #1. I then fired the 50 FM Round Nose rounds with out one issue.

I realize this is not scientific. It's just shooting some rounds down range. I also realize that 50 rounds isn't exactly indicative of the entire run. What it does is give me some confidence to go and purchase some more rounds from Freedom Munitions.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Okay, you've posted three times in this thread and each time was basically to shoot down Freedom Munitions. You wouldn't buy their ammo, there's no reason to buy their ammo and they've blown up guns in all calibers. What is your experience with Freedom Munitions? Have you lost a firearm to their ammo or have you been injured? Have you had an issue with their ammo being under-powered or the brass not being sized correctly on their remanufactured stuff?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9mm not 45acp

What kind of sense does that make? Why would I want my own experience with ammo that has been known to cause issues and offers no benefit what so ever price wise to other ammo that wont blow up my gun?

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What kind of sense does that make? Why would I want my own experience with ammo that has been known to cause issues and offers no benefit what so ever price wise to other ammo that wont blow up my gun?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9mm not 45acp

I understand.

Curious if you buy blazer brass?

Freedom?

They've all done it.

Just conversational.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9mm not 45acp

So, you have no personal experience with the ammo. Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9mm not 45acp

If you haven't shot their ammo, what experience do you have to add?  Asides from a biased, unfounded, personal opinion.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, I've shot it, and had multiple bad rounds.

Far more than I've had over the entirety of my shooting life, starting in the mid 70's.

It's a pity as their service was good, and orders came promptly, but I won't take a chance with them anymore.

All the best to those that have had good luck with FM, I hope you continue to get good product, and have a safe experience.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well, I've shot it, and had multiple bad rounds.

Far more than I've had over the entirety of my shooting life, starting in the mid 70's.

It's a pity as their service was good, and orders came promptly, but I won't take a chance with them anymore.

All the best to those that have had good luck with FM, I hope you continue to get good product, and have a safe experience.
View Quote

What issues did you have?
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 10:31:52 PM EDT
[#38]
As i said on the first page of this thread, multiple under charged rounds, some so bad I field stripped my pistol to make sure there was no squib.

In an earlier thread on this very same subject I also mentioned that I had an out of spec case that jammed up my Walther P99 AS so tight it took two of us to retract the slide and eject the round that was stuck about 75% into the chamber.

So, because of those issues, and the fact that good, NEW, ammo is available at reasonable prices, I'm done with FM, and this thread as well...

No more reason to kick a dead horse.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#39]
I've had more problems with Winchester than I have FM's new ammo.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
As i said on the first page of this thread, multiple under charged rounds, some so bad I field stripped my pistol to make sure there was no squib.

In an earlier thread on this very same subject I also mentioned that I had an out of spec case that jammed up my Walther P99 AS so tight it took two of us to retract the slide and eject the round that was stuck about 75% into the chamber.

So, because of those issues, and the fact that good, NEW, ammo is available at reasonable prices, I'm done with FM, and this thread as well...

No more reason to kick a dead horse.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 7:05:31 AM EDT
[#41]
You are welcome sir.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#42]
I can understand why people have their opinions.

I refuse to ever use Blazer Brass ever again due to some seriously horrible underpowered rounds over the course of 500 rounds. Multiple squibs.  

Just don't trust it.  Nor do I trust the CS,  either as I was pretty much blown off. Wasn't asking for any restitution,  just wanted to give lot numbers so they could track, but they didn't care.

Oh well. Move on.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I just bought a 1000 rd case for 210$ shipped of re manufactured 9mm is this stuff any good? I heard a lot of good thing and not many bad things about them I just want to see what you have to say.
View Quote

I'd say you overpaid.

1) the most frequently mentioned ammo as a source of failure (FTF/FTL/FTC/kaboom) in the past year has been Freedom Munitions
2) you can get excellent quality new IMI for $209/1000 (+ shipping) @ Wideners as an example
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you haven't shot their ammo, what experience do you have to add?  Asides from a biased, unfounded, personal opinion.
View Quote

Biased and unfounded? It takes two minutes to find all of the stories about this ammo and the issues it has.

I have never smoked crack either, but I will advise anyone not to. Guess I should disregard the experience of others and build my own from experience.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to make you feel better about buying this stuff, go ahead. Doesn't change facts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#45]
I've bought it and shot it, and I am staying away.

For a while in 2013 2014 it was the only I could find, without paying high $, and I only bought during free shipping

It was what it was at the time....had dented brass, odd primer seatings.....I would say I bought 2000 rounds of reman .223 and 9mm for classes and some new 9mm

Had a handful of stove pipes, a double feed .223 where the primer fell out, and the powder poured into the trigger, handful of jams and duds

Would I buy it again during a panic for plinking, sure if price was right

But now I can get new ammo from sgammo at same price with awesome service, I don't see a reason to buy FA

Link Posted: 10/24/2015 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#46]
I like how this thread has brought out a couple spots where you can find other ammo at good prices.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#47]
One thing I do like about FM is their brass exchange program. Every 3000 to 4000 rounds I send in my brass and get a free case of ammo with the brass credit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I like how this thread has brought out a couple spots where you can find other ammo at good prices.
View Quote

Gunbot is your friend young jedi.....use wisely
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At a couple weeks removed from 50 I may be young for a Jedi. I also use Ammoseek.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#50]
I NEVER buy remanufactured ammo.

Ever.

But today I decided in needed 100 more rounds through my MP5 and all they had was Freedom ammo.

Very small sample size but it was just as reliable and accurate as the factory ammo I had been shooting.

That being said, my cases of ammo will be factory only as it always has been.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top