Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2015 6:30:56 PM EDT
Hello all, this is my first post. I have 200 Speer gold dot 180gr .410 bullets. Speer customer service tells me these bullets will only work in 41 AE due to the shape of od and lack of cannular grove. Now this is where it gets interesting. When I opened a box there is a pamphlet for 10 mm reloading data. I understand the 10mm and 40 S&W use .400 dia. bullets. Any information would be helpful. I listed the bullets on gunbroker since they will not work in 41 mag.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello all, this is my first post. I have 200 Speer gold dot 180gr .410 bullets. Speer customer service tells me these bullets will only work in 41 AE due to the shape of od and lack of cannular grove. Now this is where it gets interesting. When I opened a box there is a pamphlet for 10 mm reloading data. I understand the 10mm and 40 S&W use .400 dia. bullets. Any information would be helpful. I listed the bullets on gunbroker since they will not work in 41 mag.
View Quote

hmmm.....  .41 Magnums are also .410"

41Action Express died on the vine a long time ago,  I've never known anyone to use it.

were did you find them ?

.41 magnum is a really neat round.

midway has 210gr XTP components in stock.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought them at a local store before they closed. I really enjoy my 41 mag ruger redhawk. I have owned it since the  80s. I just bought 3 boxes of the hornandy and will start working up a load soon. Read good reports on that bullet.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like W-296 / H-110 for full magnum loads

UNIQUE and W-231 for less than thermo-nuclear loads
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#4]
My favorite load is the 170 Sierra over win 296. 2" groups at 50 yards. I was surprised with the win platinum 240gr factory load, it is the most accurate load I have used to date out of ruger redhawk 7 1/2" barrel with leupold on top. Win 296 is my favorite for 357 mag also. I have recenlt bought a ruger match champion and am loading 148gr wc over 4gr 231 in 38sp. Excellent accuracy
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

The pamphlet for 10mm data sounds like a SNAFU.

I have NEVER seen anyone use .410 bullets in a .400 bore. ... that is a recipe for disaster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top