BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2015 10:08:16 PM EDT
Does the federal alum case work in glock good enough for range ammo

Thx for opinions
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Had more dead primers with it than any other ammo; like one in every five hundred, but still works for range ammo
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:57:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had no issues in my G19 P226 or P228.

About 2000 total
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 2:06:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:26:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Runs just fine in my G19.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:51:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Runs fine for me so far.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Both the 9mm and .45 have worked fine so far.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Thousand or more through a gen 3 g19 with no issues. Its second cheapest at wallyworld
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Aren't Federal and Blazer owned by the same company now..?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aren't Federal and Blazer owned by the same company now..?
View Quote

ATK spun off Vista Outdoor that owns Federal, Blazer, CCI, Speer, Estate Cartridge, Alliant Powder, RCBS....etc
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I have been buying this stuff from Walmart and It has been shooting fine until  my last trip to the range.  1 round either had too much powder or maybe a bullet seated too deep that I did not catch.  It made a heck of a bang, and a face full of particulates.  The casing ejected fine but the primer that got blown out got caught between the extractor and the chamber when the gun loaded the next round.  No damage to the gun (Gen 2 Glock 17 Tank), but I have inspecting all my rounds to make sure nothing is seated too deep.  Will keep shooting as this is one round out of maybe 1500 and I have had no other issues
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#12]
FWIW- Aluminum Oxide is an abrasive.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thousand or more through a gen 3 g19 with no issues. Its second cheapest at wallyworld
View Quote

I have run over 2K now of the stuff through my G17\19\34 no issues what so ever.  Cheap and not bad on accuracy for what it is.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I've put quite a bit of the 9mm through my P99s with no issues at all.

As long as it stays at it's current price I'll be buying all I can lay my hands on.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 2:05:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I have used Blazer aluminum in every gun I have owned since the early 90's. I personally have never had any problems with it, but a few years ago, we had a department issued Glock 22 suffer damage to the slide and barrel due to the use of Blazer ammo. CCI/SPEER paid Glock directly for the replacement of the upper half of the gun and Glock shipped it back to our agency. I have not purchased any of the aluminum cased ammo for some time only because I want brass casings for reloading.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#16]
It runs fine in my 17 and 19 as well as my Beretta 92.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
FWIW- Aluminum Oxide is an abrasive.
View Quote

Fwiw- my last few glocks the test fire cases in the envolope were aluminium
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Another 150rds downrange today with no issues.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I've shot some in my G26 and Mk25.

I had one stovepipe in the G26 (which has NEVER malfunctioned before), but It might not have been the ammo, as I was using an old used LE trade in G19 mag. Mag is pretty tired, combined with discount ammo could have caused it.

I still carry that G26 every day with complete faith in it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:25:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have used Blazer aluminum in every gun I have owned since the early 90's. I personally have never had any problems with it, but a few years ago, we had a department issued Glock 22 suffer damage to the slide and barrel due to the use of Blazer ammo. CCI/SPEER paid Glock directly for the replacement of the upper half of the gun and Glock shipped it back to our agency. I have not purchased any of the aluminum cased ammo for some time only because I want brass casings for reloading.
View Quote

What kind of damage and what caused it?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:39:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Real brief, it boiled down to steel slide/barrel, aluminum casings and hot flash= arc welder. I will give a better reply in the morning, I have to hit the sack. I think I may still have one or two old photos of the damage and will post them tomorrow as well. Promise.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:53:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#23]
You reload the aluminum casings?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Okay, looks like the G22 slide was damaged back in 2009, as dated by  the old photos I still have in Photobucket. I originally posted a heads up post regarding the problem here on this site as well as on Glocktalk (I originally posted the lot #s of the ammunition we had as well). Basically, I noticed a strange, semi-circular wear pattern on the breech face and chamber of the barrel on this particular Glock during annual inspection. Turned out, it was pretty bad scoring into the steel, so I forwarded photos directly to Glock, Inc. tech dept. and was promptly advised that it was not due to a defect in manufacturing, but was due to damage caused by the Blazer aluminum cased ammunition we were using.

At first, I though the tech was basically full of fecal matter, but I called CCI/SPEER directly and forwarded the photos and a description of what was happening with the Glock. The next morning, I received a call from a lady (I believe she said she was owner/part owner of the company). She told me that she would be having someone from their tech department contact me regarding the problem, which happened in quick fashion. Basically, the tech advised that the damage was indeed caused, in some part, due to the use of the aluminum casings. He said that it was a bit of a freak thing, but that they have seen it before. Apparently, it was a combination of the liberally loose chamber of the Glock, the aluminum casing and hot gases during ignition.

The tech believed that there may have been "flashing" from around the primer pocket, which in effect, caused a sort arc welder effect with the steel breech face of the slide. It also caused damage to the chamber of the barrel. CCI/SPEER paid for a new complete upper for the pistol and Glock returned the pistol to us free of charge. I would not have believed it, had I not been told so directly by CCI/SPEER staff. We still use the Blazer aluminum cased ammo for training purposes and we have had no further issues with it. I have used it since the early 90's with no problems at all. These days, I don't buy it simply because I want the brass casings for reloading.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yes sir.
View Quote

Guess I haven't looked very closely at the casings in quite some time. I thought their aluminum casing exclusively used Berdan primers? How do you keep the casings from sticking inside your reloading dies?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top