Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2014 10:18:39 PM EDT
Here is the spreadsheet that is posted (as a picture) in the FAQ.  I will be able to update it as I get more data (and time....).  Until now I wasn't sure how to link the actual spreadsheet.  Hopefully you would be able to save/copy it and then you can manipulate the data.  Also has links to the sources if anyone wants to check them out and verify etc.

Handgun Terminal Ballistics Data

Data from Doc Roberts/ Ammo FAQ

I found this format made it SOOOOO much easier to actually compare brands etc. and see that there are bad, average, and good loads.

ETA: for most sections: Grey background with red text means fails FBI minimum penetration (or exceeds max).  Green text indicates "Best" in that field (energy/expansion or whatever).
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks! I was just reading the ammo faq and thought the same thing
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I sent a PM to Zhukov and I think he is going to add those links to the FAQ as the picture version is hard to read and not as useful.
When I made the spreadsheets, I found it really eye opening.  There are a lot of brand name "Modern Hollowpoints" that are not really very good, and with the disparity between the good/average/bad it makes sense to get the best possible ammo.  Any advantage you can get you should utilize, IMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top