Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2016 6:39:52 PM EDT
Ordered up the last of the parts needed for my new 1911 build. Sending them off to the gunsmith and decide to take a look at the brand new in the package Trijicon HD night sights. Sure as shit there is no set screw for the rear sight. Mistakes happen, but I decided to look around the net a bit and they are closed so I cant call and complain. Seems to be fairly common. In fact it appears they dont ship with a set screw. These are some of the more expensive sights on the market and they cant even put a set screw in the package?!?! I must say I am dissapointed. Even having them fit they still require a set screw. End Rant. Just a heads up to anyone planing to use them. I hope to resolve the issue tomorrow and will update the post when I speak with a rep.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Your package didn't include something it wasn't supposed to include, what's there to resolve?
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Hoping to get a screw so my gun can be finished.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah they don't come with a set screw. However the screw hole is the same size/thread as the Novak rear sight I replaced and just stole the screw from.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah not replacing a sight here. Fresh build. Talked to gunsmith today. They concur its rediculous they don't come with a screw, but being a good smith they have plenty of them around the shop! Still think its stupid.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah not replacing a sight here. Fresh build. Talked to gunsmith today. They concur its rediculous they don't come with a screw, but being a good smith they have plenty of them around the shop! Still think its stupid.
View Quote

I'd agree.

I feel like I've bought their M&P HD sights and they did come with a screw but this was a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Requiring a set screw, but not coming with a set screw is pretty silly.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Requiring a set screw, but not coming with a set screw is pretty silly.
View Quote

Where does it say a set screw is "required"?

How about a flat plug?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How about a flat plug?
View Quote

If there is a threaded hole in the sight, should there not be a screw to go with it? Or is there no threaded hole in the sight? I've never used Trijicon HDs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If there is a threaded hole in the sight, should there not be a screw to go with it? Or is there no threaded hole in the sight? I've never used Trijicon HDs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about a flat plug?

It it is tight enough in the slide cut a plug would be fine.

If it is not tight you can try to use a set screw or shim the fit so it IS tight enough.

Make sure any set screw has a flat bottom at least until you find the correct position.

Once you drive a pointed set screw in tight it is a real PITA to make further tiny adjustment in position.

Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It it is tight enough in the slide cut a plug would be fine.

If it is not tight you can try to use a set screw or shim the fit so it IS tight enough.

Make sure any set screw has a flat bottom at least until you find the correct position.

Once you drive a pointed set screw in tight it is a real PITA to make further tiny adjustment in position.
View Quote

It's not really about whether or not the OP can make it work. It's about the fact that Trijicon didn't include a screw when there is supposed to be one. It would be like buying a car that is supposed to come with wheel covers, but doesn't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top