Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2016 11:43:49 AM EDT
I can not get the bore of my HK 45 clean. No matter what I do there  remains some fouling near the muzzle.  The fouling seems to be in 3 spots near the grooves.  I've tried running patches with hoppes 9 down the bore letting it sit a bit then the running clean patches til they come out clean. Even after the patches come out clean the fouling remains.  I've also used a bore snake and a plastic brush with solvent to loosen the fouling with no luck.  I've also tried bore scrubber as a last resort.  Any other things I could try?
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
As a last resort, an old bore brush wrapped in 0000 steel wool soaked in oil.  Or, one of those stainless steel tornado brushes.  No disrespect, but just have to say, be real careful with either.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
How about a conventional bronze brush and cleaning rod?
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it leading? Hoppes #9 is fine for carbon fowling and powder residue, for lead or copper deposits it's so so.

I like Shooter's Choice, but lots of other products are just as good.

I would not use a stainless steel bore brush .......................ever. Bronze is as tough as you'll ever need and should make short order of any copper or lead build up.

H&K barrels have polygonal rifling the last I knew. Polygonal rifling and lead bullets do not play well together.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top