Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2016 6:59:24 AM EDT
What are the possibilities of increased malfunction or failure in guns built with mag safeties, which have them removed/disabled. Is this advisable? Dependant on the gun? (Say P320 for the sake of example)
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Most guns are designed with them as an afterthought. I work for a major manufacturer, and we see more issues WITH the disconnect (given, it's mostly just CA guns that have them).
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most guns are designed with them as an afterthought. I work for a major manufacturer, and we see more issues WITH the disconnect (given, it's mostly just CA guns that have them).
View Quote

My Bersa Thunder had one.  It's a cheap little spring.
Since it flew away the gun has functioned 100%.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Some folks (and gunsmiths) get all nervous about the subject of disabling any safety features from a liability standpoint . I consider a magazine safety to be of dubious value from a safety standpoint and would not worry much about it . If you handle the firearm properly a mag safety should not really come into play .

Could however be some liability if you were to sell the pistol . Best bet would be to save all the parts and reinstall if getting rid of the gun
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]
With a very few exceptions these are not safeties.  They are magazine disconnects.  The only example that i can cite off the top of my head of a true magazine safety is Seecamp.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Some fool will pop the mag and assume the gun is now 'unloaded.'
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top