Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2015 11:39:38 AM EDT
I'm trying to find someone who offers barrel dimpling.

I have a G19 factory threaded barrel I wanted dimpled

Is this even possible I saw zev released dimpled glock barrels very nice but I wanted to
Have a factory glock threaded barrel dimpled any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm curious why your looking for this? Is it just for aesthetic purposes or some type of performance?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I figured it would help with looks and performance

Check out the zev dimpled glock barrels I love the look and always liked dimpled barrels
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I figured it would help with looks and performance

Check out the zev dimpled glock barrels I love the look and always liked dimpled barrels
View Quote

In what way do you think it will help performance?? I am not aware of any of the barrel cuts doing anything other than removing metal and looking cool

So do it for looks
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm fine with just looks even if that's all it does I can't seem to find anyone who can do this service though.

As for if dimpling I've read it does help with cooling if it does or doesn't I'm not too concerned with it

I'm more interested if anyone CAN do this or knows of someone who can ?

Also if it does matter it's more for aesthetics Im having a window cutout done on my slide
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#5]
That's cool, just wondering. I thought about that after too, that you wouldn't see it unless you had a cutout. I've seen the dimpled barrels on rifles, for looks/heat dissipation/ and lighter weight. I didn't even know it was a thing for pistols. I'll look up the zev. Make sure to copy me in on some pics if you get this done, I would definitely be interested in seeing.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#6]
From what I can tell only zev does this I just liked the idea of having it done on a factory g19 threaded barrel.

Other than  that I've only seen it done on rifles...if I can find someone to do it properly I'll definitely post pics

I'm going to try emailing a few companies that might consider it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top