Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2014 4:24:07 PM EDT
New 80 series Colt. Added EGW barrel bushing and recoil guide rod as upgrades.

I was tweaking the sear spring to reduce trigger pull weight (pulling back on the spring). I reduced the weight of the trigger but have an issue that every so often the trigger will stick. I will have to pull the slide back part of the way and release for the trigger to function. Any suggestions? I am guessing a new sear spring will have to be ordered.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You already know what the problem is, you bent the spring too much. Remember part of the trigger pull problem with an 80 series is the firing pin safety. You can remove it all and lighten the pull weight. Also think about pulling the trigger out and seeing if it has any burs.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Polish the trigger bow and the frame slots it rides in.
Stones not files.

Files are used if you can see the excess metal with your eyes (ansd no magnification).
After that switch to stones.

This method may take longer, but it works every time with far less chance of taking off excess metal and then having to put it back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top