Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2014 7:53:12 AM EDT
Went to take down my G30 Gen 4. Pulled down on the slide lock and had no spring resistance.The free end of the slide lock spring was hung up on something, not letting it keep tension on the slide lock.

I couldn't find much on this particular problem with Google. Anyone have any idea how this spring suddenly starts binding?

I did polish the end of the spring with sandpaper and it's now working, although it doesn't have near the tension as my 19 or 17 slide lock seems to. I've got a new spring ordered, but I'm losing faith in this gun (which sucks because it is a shooter).
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Improper reassembly in regards to spring tab and pin placement (over/under the pin)....and there is always a chance the spring is defective....rare but I suppose it can happen...
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 8:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Improper reassembly in regards to spring tab and pin placement (over/under the pin)....and there is always a chance the spring is defective....rare but I suppose it can happen...
View Quote

Slide lock, not slide stop. The takedown tabs and associated spring.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Check that the spring moves freely in the slot in the frame...possibility there is some plastic flashing in the way...
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]
New spring seems to have done the trick. Not sure if it originally shipped with a bad spring or what but is fine now.

I also installed a LWD extended slide lock lever. Really helps with takedown on this model. The factory slide lock was basically flush with the frame on this model. I guess the wider frame was the reason.

Anyway, went to the range and put 100 rounds through it after the new spring and ESLL. Runs like a champ.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Good to hear! My G30 is a shooter as well...enjoy!
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Went to take down my G30 Gen 4. Pulled down on the slide lock and had no spring resistance.The free end of the slide lock spring was hung up on something, not letting it keep tension on the slide lock.

I couldn't find much on this particular problem with Google. Anyone have any idea how this spring suddenly starts binding?

I did polish the end of the spring with sandpaper and it's now working, although it doesn't have near the tension as my 19 or 17 slide lock seems to. I've got a new spring ordered, but I'm losing faith in this gun (which sucks because it is a shooter).
View Quote

You lost faith over a $4 part ?     have you had other problems ?
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 11:26:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A $4 part on a brand new gun makes one wonder.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you mean to say, 'Slide Stop'?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top