Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2017 9:31:22 PM EDT
My pocket carry gun managed to lose a screw out of the side cover at some point, just realized it when i took it out and put it on the table. The only place I could find a breakdown was Brownells who did not stock the screw nor list the part number. Do I have to contact S + W directly?

Jon
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:25:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Give them a call after the Holiday and I'm sure they will send one for free.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:01:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#3]
S&W will usually send that sort of stuff for free. Just call them and have your serial number ready.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Gentlemen thank you for the replies. I will call them after the 4th. Enjoy yourselves.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#5]
About six months ago I pulled my 442 out of my bianchi pocket holster and surprise! The thumb latch and screw had departed for places unknown. I called S&W just wanting to buy the parts, and the nice young man on the phone sent them for free. Had them in less than a week.
Two weeks back I cleaned out my sock drawer and found the original thumb latch but not the screw.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Contacted S + W. I explained the situation and a few screws are on their way, free of charge. Entire process took 5 minutes at most. Very impressed
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Out of curiosity, was it the upper rear screw (where hammer would be0?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm impressed with the reports of the level of customer service from S&W.

My trusted 642 is still holding together, the Shield is the newest addition, but I'll be looking for the right revolver build - if they ever offer it again - in the future.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#9]
The thumblatch screw on my 442 fell out when I set it on my dresser a month ago.  Fortunately it popped out right where I could find it.  The gun is only a few months old with only about 20 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The thumblatch screw on my 442 fell out when I set it on my dresser a month ago.  Fortunately it popped out right where I could find it.  The gun is only a few months old with only about 20 rounds through it.
View Quote
Mine was loose and wobbly before I noticed it.  Added some loctite and screwed it back in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top