Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2017 8:25:22 AM EDT
Just got it yesterday, haven't taken it to the range, but dry firing feels super heavy. A little gritty on take up then feels like 10lbs to break.

My questions are:

Will it get better with time?

If I send it back, how long does S&W take if I send it in?

If I polish up the plunger and stone the sear surfaces, will S&W void warranty?

The break itself is crisp, but way too heavy.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#1]
It does loosen up after about 100 rounds... my wife and I both have the 9mm they were really tight when new.
If your looking for a target pistol this is NOT it... it's a close range self defense tool and designed as to not discharge accidentally.
If you want a better "lighter" trigger get an Apex Trigger Kit
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It does loosen up after about 100 rounds... my wife and I both have the 9mm they were really tight when new.
If your looking for a target pistol this is NOT it... it's a close range self defense tool and designed as to not discharge accidentally.
If you want a better "lighter" trigger get an Apex Trigger Kit
View Quote
I am not looking for a target pistol, however, reading multiple reviews about how good the trigger was on the 45 is what helped me to decide to buy it. I don't want a 3.5lb glass rod trigger, but I also don't want a 10-12lb "soggy 2x4" trigger either. I am just want the advertised 6.5lbs.

I dry fired about 150 times and it seems a tiny bit better, but still very heavy.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#3]
It is probably a MA trigger, 10.5 lb trigger pull.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Its not an MA compliance gun to my knowledge. The SKU is 180022 which does not match what I can find for MA models.

I will get a pull gauge on it this weekend after I shoot it and see what it actually breaks at.

If it does need to go in for warranty, what does the typical turn around look like?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It is probably a MA trigger, 10.5 lb trigger pull.
View Quote
That's what I was going to suggest as well, both my 9mm & 45 Shield have good triggers with light pulls.

Unsure what a MA serial # should look like but I'd not rule out someone putting in the wrong weight spring at the factory.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought 2 of the 45 shields and the factory triggers on both are fairly light and crisp.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine lightened up quite a bit after some dry firing. It's very smooth and plenty light for a carry gun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bought 2 of the 45 shields and the factory triggers on both are fairly light and crisp.
View Quote
same here the sku on minez is 11531  its actually a good trigger,  I just picked mine up about 20 min ago,  have not shot it but its crisp
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Update:

shot it today, trigger wasn't too bad. All the dry firing seemed to help. Very crisp break, just heavier than I was expecting. Still some grit on take up, but I can see the roughness of the plunger and were the trigger bar slide against each other is causing it. A few minutes with a very fine stone should take care of that.

Now I will not be able to test it with a pull gauge until the 4th.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#10]
My shield 45 trigger was very heavy as well.  Purchased the Apex sear from midwayusa for 40 bucks or so.   Improved it greatly.   Almost feels as good as my friends PC shield 9 trigger.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:09:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Pulled averaged at 6.7 lbs, it just feels heavy compared to my stock PPS which breaks at 5lbs.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I picked up a 9mm Shield a couple of weeks ago and the trigger is unusually light.  It feels a lot lighter than my Glocks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:54:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Send your pistols to this guy he just moved to AZ. He will make your M&P's much better.

The Trigger Guy Gunsmithing
Top Top