Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2017 7:52:29 PM EDT
Any one seen one for sale separately recently? Been looking for a while and can only find aftermarket threaded barrels for sale any more. I used to see the factory ones all over.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I just picked one up from the EE(factory S&W), should get it tomorrow actually. I am not 100% sure if I am going to keep it or not. I  had been looking for a couple weeks just toying with the idea of getting one and when it popped up I kinda impulse jumped on it for my 2.0. S&W says it is not compatible with the 2.0 but several have said it is GTG. If there is anything about the fit I don't like I'll put it back in the EE. I was toying with the idea of my M&P replacing my 92A1 but I don't think I will be doing that after all. I'll probably just make the M&P my CCW and not really need the threaded barrel.

Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:33:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the same problem as the Op. I need a metric threaded 9mm m&p barrel. I had a line on one but that fell through. I call s&w every month and they never seem to have any barrels.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the same problem as the Op. I need a metric threaded 9mm m&p barrel. I had a line on one but that fell through. I call s&w every month and they never seem to have any barrels.
View Quote
There is a complete gun in the EE now with the barrel you seek. Buy it for the barrel and part it out Might be able to get them to sell the barrel only
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There is a complete gun in the EE now with the barrel you seek. Buy it for the barrel and part it out Might be able to get them to sell the barrel only
View Quote
I just sent that person an IM, thanks!
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just picked one up from the EE(factory S&W), should get it tomorrow actually. I am not 100% sure if I am going to keep it or not. I  had been looking for a couple weeks just toying with the idea of getting one and when it popped up I kinda impulse jumped on it for my 2.0. S&W says it is not compatible with the 2.0 but several have said it is GTG. If there is anything about the fit I don't like I'll put it back in the EE. I was toying with the idea of my M&P replacing my 92A1 but I don't think I will be doing that after all. I'll probably just make the M&P my CCW and not really need the threaded barrel.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n239/heathb223/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_7541_zpsalltukc4.jpg
View Quote
If you decide to part with it PLEASE let me know. I see you're local (GA at least). You must've snapped it up before I saw as I've been eyeing every EE and classified I can think of for one.

On a side note, what do you think of the 2.0? I've been on the fence about trying one out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea it had only been listed for a couple hrs. when I saw it and "jumped on it". I got it today and measured it and compared to the 2.0 barrel. There were only 3 places that measured more than .001" different from barrel to barrel. The older one's barrel is undercut .02 I think it was under the slide. The feed ramp is cut wider on the 2.0. From the top of the chamber to the bottom locking lug there was .01" difference.

I had a M&P9 several years ago and got rid of it when I got laid off 5 years ago. I can't compare the 2 well but this one I like. Grip is great, I see no need to mess with the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Went and shot it just a few minutes ago. First mag I put 12 of 17 rounds into a 2" group the other 5 would have made it a 3" group at 10 yds. Put 34 more rounds through it just blasting away with 0 failures total. Couple of those were suppressed and felt/sounded good My 2.0 shoots GREAT!
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quick picture. Sorry I don't think I'm going to be getting rid of mine.

Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Bob's Pawn Shop in Salina KS (785) 825-2828  has a used M&P 9mm full size with the threaded barrel traded in last week. I looked it over and it was used with a suppressor and dirty but has not been fired much. It says Spec Ops on side but it is very faint and not sure owner knows this.

give them a call and have it shipped to your FFL   Did I mention he is only asking $350
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any one seen one for sale separately recently? Been looking for a while and can only find aftermarket threaded barrels for sale any more. I used to see the factory ones all over.
View Quote
I bought one straight from S&W
(USA)  1-800-331-0852 
Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM Eastern Time

M&P Threaded Barrel Part Number (4.7" I think is what he told me was the length) : 425560000
Price: $79.00 (Normally $140 so it may be a special or I dunno)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top