Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2017 3:14:08 PM EDT
Picked up a brand new M&P Performance Center pistol Friday morning.....got her to the range.....and couldn't get through a single magazine without a FTF issue.

Googling.....apparently this is NOT an uncommon issue.  As someone that takes a lot of shit from the Glock lovers I shoot with....this was kind of frustrating.

I borrowed a magazine from the range, as well as buying some different ammo than what I normally shoot.....and still had the same issue.

When loading a fresh magazine, 2/3 of the time, the round sticks halfway in.  The other third of the time, I can chamber the round just fine....but the subsequent rounds hang up.

Any ideas where to start here?  Seems like some people have had an extractor spring that was too tight....but I don't know why that would effect chambering on a fresh magazine.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of it, but have never looked in to Performance Center stuff.

OEM mags? Are the bodies and followers both marked in the correct caliber of the gun? What caliber is it?

What ammo brands you tried so far? FMJ I'm assuming? And what bullet weights? (because 147gr 9mm will be longer)

Fuck Glock people.

Hate to even mention limp wristing, but even 100% functioning Glocks will malfunction when purposely limp wristing. So if it's a heavier caliber and maybe you aren't giving a good 'push-pull' grip, or just gaining years or not a heavy wrist user.

Ultimate test is to give it a good cleaning, use Federal American Eagle 115gr (9mm) FMJ and have someone else shoot it, factory mags, etc. If the other shooter experiences the same, just contact S&W and they'll fix it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I borrowed a mag from the range gun, same issue.  Bought some different ammo from the range, same issue.

I used the 17 round mags in my M&P9c......no issue at all.

I shoot pistols semi-competitively, so I'm pretty sure it isn't a limp wrist issue.

The only thing that's been done to the gun from the factory is the Apex competition kit.  Unfortunately, I never tried to fire the gun before putting that kit in, but I'm pretty sure that isn't it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I have not had this issue with any of the 3 M&Ps I own.

I also exclusively shoot 147gr -P in two of the 3. My 9c I shoot 124gr HP.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Good news.....got the spring trimmed and the extractor tuned and it's running like a champ.

That Apex Competiton kit is pure sex
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top