Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2017 2:55:08 PM EDT
Does anyone off a flat faced trigger for the FS that is not competition?   I know apex has one but IIRC it is a ffs model.

Just looking for a flat trigger I could carry.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I may not understand the question but Apex seems just the flat trigger by itself if you're not wanting to upgrade anything else.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Their flat trigger is a forward set sear,  so I guess my question is would that eliminate too much pretravel for a carry gun?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, you can get what you want at Apex.

You can set the weight from 5.5 ish down to about 3.5ish.

Best upgrade you can do to an M&P.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#5]
You can use the heavier duty trigger return spring and regular or stronger striker spring to make the flat face trigger heavier, but you must use the sear spring (which is heavier than the competition spring) and striker block spring that comes with the kit, because of the vast change in the trigger movement/dynamics.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like Apex has several shield triggers.  Is there a "Best" trigger?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like Apex has several shield triggers.  Is there a "Best" trigger?
View Quote
There's really only one trigger for the Shield. The AEK trigger can be flat faced or a classic profile, but it's the same trigger. The flat face can be a bit lighter pull because of the leverage you gain at the bottom.

Then you can buy the trigger as a drop in or mixed with the action enhancement (AEK) parts (sear, striker block, springs) in a kit.

You can also use the stock trigger with just the AEK parts.

Then there's several colors, which makes the site confusing.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's really only one trigger for the Shield. The AEK trigger can be flat faced or a classic profile, but it's the same trigger. The flat face can be a bit lighter pull because of the leverage you gain at the bottom.

Then you can buy the trigger as a drop in or mixed with the action enhancement (AEK) parts (sear, striker block, springs) in a kit.

You can also use the stock trigger with just the AEK parts.
[color=#ff0000]
Then there's several colors, which makes the site confusing.
View Quote
[/color]

I wish they would color code their springs better.  I have pieces from several kits intermingled and no way of telling what is what.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top