Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2016 7:52:54 PM EDT
So I have been missing a frame stud and grip screw for a while now and am finally getting around to fixing it.

I cannot find a Model 459 frame stud in stock anywhere.

Are there any other frame studs from a different model number that are identical? I have done some searching and found one that looks the same, but may not be the same. No literature has shown me that it IS the same.

Thanks for any help solving this problem!
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I looked on Numrich Arms and they are sold out for the 459 but they have them for the 659.  The stud will be stainless steel instead of blued steel.   The price is not bad and you could use a black permanent marker to color the end to make it look blued.  I'd probably order a couple other parts to help off set the shipping which is usually very reasonable.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/334840.htm
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looked on Numrich Arms and they are sold out for the 459 but they have them for the 659.  The stud will be stainless steel instead of blued steel.   The price is not bad and you could use a black permanent marker to color the end to make it look blued.  I'd probably order a couple other parts to help off set the shipping which is usually very reasonable.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/334840.htm
View Quote

So the model 659 version will fit the model 459 threading and model 459 grip screws? I noticed the Model 639 frame stud pictured here on Midwayusa looks similar to the other ones on my pistol (hexagonal headed instead of square), so I kinda thought maybe that the model 639 was the one that would work out of all that I have seen.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/839540/smith-and-wesson-frame-stud-s-and-w-639

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I looked at the part number on Numrich web site for the model 439 and it is different than the part number for the 459.  The 459 is the double stack wide body with thin plastic grips.  The frame profile is different between the single stack 439 and 459.  The 439 and 639 use a thicker wood grip panel so I suspect use a different part than a 459.  I would buy the part for the 659 as the only difference is the frame material.  The 659 uses stainless steel reciever, the 559 uses blued steel receiver and the 459 uses aluminum receiver.  The 559 part is out of stock and is the same number as the 459.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top