Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2016 12:13:48 PM EDT
I'm looking for some aluminum base plate extensions similar to the ones you can find for the M&P full size extensions.  I see some that are +3 to +6 for the M&P full sized.  

Anyone know of anyone making these??
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I  was just  looking  at   HYVE  ?   technologies, they  seemed  decent.   They   have a +1 and +2   for the  Shield  9mm.  Google   should bring them up  and  I think  youtube  .   Havent  seen them in   hand.   Just  starting to  see  what  options  there are  for a shield.

thinking 9mm  or  45--   basically  cause  9mm  is  cheaper  these  days...

hth
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!!!  That was the one I was looking for.  I knew it sounded Resident Evil like but all I could think of was Umbrella Corp.  The Hive lol.  I saw them on Pintrest or Instagram and wasn't able to find them again  

I would just like to have a spare higher capacity mag.  I carry with the flush mag, but would like to use it as a BUG in the house when home.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem,  was  thinking the  same  thing  all Umbrella  like.   I  like that  it can  make it  a 10 round  mag, almost  like a slim  M&P  compact  for the  restricted  states  that  can't  be trusted,  LOL

glad  to help
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, Wolff makes +5% mag spring for the 9/40 shield. I use one for my Hyve mag extensions.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 2 of the HYVE +2 for my Shield.  Gives you 10 rounds in the mag and it's not too much longer than the OEM 8 rmd mags.  I have about 250 rounds through the 2 mags I have with the +2's and have had 0 malfunctions.  

I also have large hands, and while I can shoot my Shield just fine with the 7 or 8 rnd mags, the little bit of extra length with the +2 helps.  I also have not found it any harder to conceal my Shield with the +2's on.

They do use the stock mag springs.  The 10th rounds can be a little tight to get in, but not terribly hard. So far I like them.
Top Top