Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2016 12:18:40 PM EDT
Looking to see who has one and how you like it ? I have an Octane 45 and need a 45 to use it on. I have the M&P threaded 9. Are they about the same size ? My only concern is it being too big of a gun. I wish Smith would scale the guns down a little bit.

I can get one for $600, which I thinks a good deal for an extra barrel.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking to see who has one and how you like it ? I have an Octane 45 and need a 45 to use it on. I have the M&P threaded 9. Are they about the same size ? My only concern is it being too big of a gun. I wish Smith would scale the guns down a little bit.

I can get one for $600, which I thinks a good deal for an extra barrel.
View Quote

Assuming you're talking about the full sized M&P 45 it's really not that big of a gun.
Not my photo, but here's a full sized 40 (same as 9) next to a 45

I've had the mid-sized M&P 45 for quite a while and shot it suppressed some (don't buy one, no one makes a threaded barrel for it anymore)
It does pretty well suppressed though I have to say it's kinda like they made 8rd mags that fit 10rds. Getting a 10th round in the mag is stuff when they're new and gets better, but I deal with failures to lock open on this gun more than any other. Especially when shooting suppressed and the mags start to get real dirty. The factory 14rd mags however work great, I just hate the plastic boot around them and it was expensive getting 10-8 basepads for all of them.
If you're looking at a factory threaded barrel package it's a pretty good way to get a threaded 45.  
In retrospect I wish i'd gotten the full sized 45.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:51:44 AM EDT
[#2]
If you REALLY like the M&P platform then dont hesitate. Mine runs great paired with a AAC TiRant 45.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#3]
How come Smith doesn't put high sights on these ?

The Springfield looks like a better buy. Cheaper, yet you get tall sights , 3 mags and an awesome case with a mag loader and holster.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#4]
No high sights on either my 9 or 45 tb kits.

There are a lot of options out there, all depends what platform you like to shoot with. My issued weapon is a MP .40 so going to different calibers on same platform is second nature.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The M&P45 has a slightly longer slide and barrel and the grip is/feels a bit deeper (longer front to back) compared with the 9/40 models. Not a big difference. I have a M&P45 Threaded Kit and it works well with my TiRant 45. I do wish taller sights were available though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, taller sights is a no brainer. Makes you think what some companies are thinking sometimes. Like selling a car with no tires. Hmmm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top