Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2016 8:54:15 AM EDT
I am thinking about picking up a used one and would like to know what owners think of them. I had a Stigma years ago and didn't care for it and was wondering are there any similarities with them. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#1]
The SD9 is an upgraded Sigma. They improved the grip shape ergonomics and improved the trigger.

I have three of them, two SD9's and one SD9VE, best handgun value out there. I shoot better with an SD9 than I do an M&P9.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Really like mine. The trigger is not horrendous, especially with a couple boxes of ammo through it. I can shoot my SD9VE as good as or better than my G17, but with less effort. If you don't like the stock sights, anything for an M&P fits it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one.  Great gun. The trigger is heavy but smooth and easy to stage.  The innards are stupid simple.  One of my favorite purchases.  Not the nicest gun of all time, but a fantastic deal.  Only thing I don't like is that Smith refuses to sell spare parts, so any fix requires a return trip...
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a buddy that has one.  The trigger is heavy, but it has been reliable and accurate.

On another note, the mags are a little pricy.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:04:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been following threads like this for awhile and I like what I hear for what I'm looking for.  I'm going to fo on one when i get back in town monday. Also swing by primary arms to pick up my orders I made while bored out of country.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Academy is selling an SD9 version again (no VE). It's all black with fiber optic sights.

$349 (if I remember right).

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 8:22:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought an SD9 when they first came out. Great gun IMO. The trigger isn't the greatest but improves a lot with use. It's still heavy but smooth now.

I've never had a malfunction, it goes bang and feeds rounds every time. That said my first range trip I noticed one of the pins in the frame started walking out, finished the range trip. Shipped it back, about 2K later all is well.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one that that is reliable and accurate.Trigger could be better.It often goes on trips with me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Only have maybe 400 rounds through mine, but it has filled the role that I went through four G19's trying to get to. Comfortable to shoot, and way more accurate than I expected from the price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top