Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2016 11:16:23 AM EDT
I have an RMR I won a few years ago, and I think I'd like to try learning to shoot my M&P9 FS Pro Series with the RMR (eyes aren't what they used to be and will only get worse).

I asked S&W about buying a slide to get milled and was told they don't sell them. Can I buy a slide somewhere else to get milled, or get one already milled, instead of having to send mine off and then wonder what to do if I don't like it?

(I only got 1 response in the Industry forum, so trying here.)
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
G&R was one of the only place that I remember having a slides for sale. They ran out after a short time.

cheapest/ lowest risk would begetting one of those plates that replace your rear sights and mount your rmr there.
Ohter option is just get another M&p or core
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
G&R was one of the only place that I remember having a slides for sale. They ran out after a short time.

cheapest/ lowest risk would begetting one of those plates that replace your rear sights and mount your rmr there.
View Quote

Link?

Thats relavent to my interests
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Link?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

something like this?

http://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/electronic-sights/mounting-hardware/mini-shot-pistol-mount-beretta-sku100012415-57419-119757.aspx?gdftrk=gdfV21820_a_7c187_a_7c1563_a_7c100012415_d_100012415_d_10128&avad=avant&aid=40151&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-Avantlink-_-datafeed

glock has a bunch.

Kinda want to send my m&p to get milled for the core plates but with the irons in front of the red dots.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 2:45:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I would sell your Pro and buy a C.O.R.E. (Or keep Pro) I have $100 more in a C.O.R.E. and you can't get the slide milled and tall, co-witness sights installed for $100! Anyway, that's what I did.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:20:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Just do what I did since I was in your same situation. I put a WTB ad out for a complete slide. Found one then sent it off to get milled at L&M. Love it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:23:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just do what I did since I was in your same situation. I put a WTB ad out for a complete slide. Found one then sent it off to get milled at L&M. Love it.
View Quote

Nice - mind if I ask how much you paid?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:28:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, if I remember correctly I paid $175 for the slide. Found a 9mm barrel for $60. Milling, suppressor sights, cerakote slide, was around $280.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:59:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Answer to your prayers maybe? I don't know the person...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_89/1550325_MandP9_complete_slide_milled_by_LandM_for_RMR_with_extras___350.html
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Answer to your prayers maybe? I don't know the person...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_89/1550325_MandP9_complete_slide_milled_by_LandM_for_RMR_with_extras___350.html
View Quote

Nice catch, just responded to the ad.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Or..............you can wait to see what Apex is doing with their longslide - maybe it's milled for an RMR.  

(pics somewhere on instagram)
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm happy with the Burris rear sight mount

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Midway says they have 9mm slides. Little expensive though. Link.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top