Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2015 11:04:11 PM EDT
My main carry is an HK but for some reason the 3913 is still a nice concealed gun to carry. I have shot several mp's that my friends have and yes they shoot nice, but they do nothing for me. Just like the Glocks nice but no personality. Hope this makes some type of sense to some other old guys who used these older Smith.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:59:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You won't get any arguement from me, I carried a 3913 NL with Meprolight NS for about 10 years.  My 3913 was totally reliable and accurate and was my concealed carry pistol when my department issued 5904's.   I carried WW 115 grain +P+ JHP in my 3913, which was my departments duty load and I felt very well armed.  

I traded my 3913 NL for a Glock 27 when my department transitioned to Glock 22's in 2000.  I couldn't afford to buy the Glock outright but I still wish I would have kept my 3913.  I think the 3913 was one of the best pistol S&W ever produced.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:42:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Still have mine from the mid 90's.  It was my uniform duty pistol in addition to being my off-duty gun for several years until we were issued Glocks.  Carried 4 spare mags on duty in a quad magazine pouch.  Never felt worried about carrying it on patrol.  I loved that gun and still do.  If I didn't shoot Glocks so much, I wouldn't hesitate to carry it  

It was just a good all around pistol that's size made sense.  I was compact and flat enough for concealed carry, yet just big enough to make running the pistol as easy as you would with a full size.

My old duty rig with Houge Rubber rrips (still have it 15 years later)
</a>" />  

One of my old off duty rigs with Houge wooden grips
</a>" />

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I found one on armslist local about a year ago and snatched it up ! Although it only came with one mag.

I installed the wolff spings in it & man that thing is smooth ....
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Sort of big and heavy for its capacity. A Glock 19 is barely bigger and not any heavier but holds twice as many rounds. Any of the new generation single stacks (i.e. Shield, G43, LC9) are significantly more packable with the same capacity.

But as a nice relic, sure. Sweet gun.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]

That should answer the question
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sort of big and heavy for its capacity. A Glock 19 is barely bigger and not any heavier but holds twice as many rounds. Any of the new generation single stacks (i.e. Shield, G43, LC9) are significantly more packable with the same capacity.

View Quote
Relic? That would be a P-38 or BHP, not a pre-Sigma/M&P Smith Auto. Retro, Old School Cool, Sure. Sweet gun.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Heavy for it's capacity?  It has an alloy frame.  I think we have gotten so use to plastic, that anything that isn't plastic is heavy.  We also tend to forget that some guns weigh enough that they are both shootable and carryable.  If you want heavy, the S&W 4516 fit that bill (all stainless).  
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Heavy for it's capacity?  It has an alloy frame.  I think we have gotten so use to plastic, that anything that isn't plastic is heavy.  We also tend to forget that some guns weigh enough that they are both shootable and carryable.  If you want heavy, the S&W 4516 fit that bill (all stainless).  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And the felt recoil is much lighter in a "heavy" pistol. Makes returning to sight picture on a .45/.40/10mm quicker.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And the felt recoil is much lighter in a "heavy" pistol. Makes returning to sight picture on a .45/.40/10mm quicker.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree, that is also why I carry a Glock 35 and not a 22 on duty as the 35 had less "snap" when shooting at speed.  Ditched my 27 for a 26 a few years ago.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Souble tap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top