Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2015 3:55:30 PM EDT
Anyone here get a LEO m&p trade in form AIMS?
If so what did you think?
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I got one of the .45s, it was a bit of a rough experience, but in the end I'm fine. First one I got was very used, it also would not lock back on the last round. I then exchanged it for a new one, and had problems with the front night sight. They gave me an extra mag for the trouble, it just took quite a bit longer than I would have liked, still have not shot the new one
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I see like new to new ones on Armslist around $400 to $425 on a regular basis.  AIM has them with only one magazine and no box.  Unless I had to have it now I would wait for a deal to come up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see like new to new ones on Armslist around $400 to $425 on a regular basis.  AIM has them with only one magazine and no box.  Unless I had to have it now I would wait for a deal to come up.
View Quote

bryan said they come in a different box
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine came in a rather nice padded case, ill try to take a picture if i can
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a guy try to trade one of them to me for another pistol I had... Was loose as a goose and had a magazine disconnect safety

I would just get a new one since they can be had well under $500.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had a guy try to trade one of them to me for another pistol I had... Was loose as a goose and had a magazine disconnect safety

View Quote

good to know, i have seen retailers with the same model sans night sights for $399 so i'll look into on of those
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#8]
My girlfriend and I got a pair of the police trade in M&P9s from AIM. Very good shape. Hers has a bit more wear on the slide but she wanted that one since she is planning to have it cerakoted anyway. Neither have magazine disconnects or internal locks. Triggers even feel pretty good for having the earlier trigger parts in them. Bores look good as well. All in all not a terrible deal for a couple of M&Ps.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#9]
IIRC PSA is selling M&P9's for $400. Kinda hard to buy a used one for $350 at that price.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
IIRC PSA is selling M&P9's for $400. Kinda hard to buy a used one for $350 at that price.
View Quote

yep, i'm waiting on a "spend $100 and get free shipping" weekend and i'm off to the races
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Just bought an M&P9 for $399 with free shipping from Gunbuyer.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
Mag safety is very easy to disconnect on the M&P.

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just bought an M&P9 for $399 with free shipping from Gunbuyer.
View Quote

just did the same from PSA
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#14]
These are the old 14 twist and not gen 3 with 10 twist 9mm barrels. M&P full size and compacts are $439 each or LEO price of $399. I cant see why buying one when you can get a new one with 3 mags gen 3 for $399 if you are law, emt, security, former or present military. or for $439 if none of the rest apply.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
These are the old 14 twist and not gen 3 with 10 twist 9mm barrels. M&P full size and compacts are $439 each or LEO price of $399. I cant see why buying one when you can get a new one with 3 mags gen 3 for $399 if you are law, emt, security, former or present military. or for $439 if none of the rest apply.
View Quote

or you can find the non LEO type with 2 mags for $399
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I say just wait for one on the EE. I just grabbed one on TOS EE (was posted there first before I noticed it on this ee) had the APEX trigger and 5 mags with all factory goodies and box for $465 shipped and 2015 production.

With mags as expensive as they are, I'd wait for a deal with extras
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I picked up one of the M&P 9's.  Looks brand new plus Trijicon night sites.  Only one mag came with it but I have plenty from when I bought a 9mm barrel for my M&P 40 as a "backup/ change out if needed" gun.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 3:49:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Ok what's with the triggers on these?  I see "double action" and "striker fired" when I am looking at them on the S&W site.  

Basically I want the cheapest M&P9 I can get, will get a new barrel, trigger, maybe slide milling for extra tacticool and some type of refinish.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I picked up a M&P 45 trade in a few years ago.  Night sights dead so I used some bright white model paint to make them white dot sights for day time lol.  some holster wear, but otherwise in decent shape.  I'd have to check my records, but I think it was a pretty decent price vs. new.

So a few months back when AIM had the full size M&P 9 trade ins I figured I do the same.  So I picked one up.  Functionally it appears to be fine, was pretty dirty inside, but that was easy to fix.  Exterior is a little rough, but night sights are dead for sure.   Price was ok, but when I see some of the low ball prices for a new one people are posting I regret not shopping around more.

My goal all along with both trade in purchases was to buy a second/"backup" for each of my main (purchased new) pistols and I think I met that goal with both.  I'd like to clean up both, get the sights updated and maybe look to refinish them.  One question I've never tried to answer is are there product improvements that I should contact S&W regarding?
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

who do I contact about that?
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quantico Tactical.  You will also get the $50 rebate bringing a brand new gun to less than $350 for a standard m&p in 9 or 40.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quantico Tactical.  You will also get the $50 rebate bringing a brand new gun to less than $350 for a standard m&p in 9 or 40.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$50 rebate is for mil only, or is there another rebate right now?
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm military and I saw he was as well so that is the rebate I was referencing.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 10:21:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

active duty ID needed or DD-214 with Honorable discharge?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

active duty ID needed or DD-214 with Honorable discharge?
View Quote

Looks like active or retired: http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_757803_-1_757797_757797_image
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I just picked up a PD trade in M&P 9 from AIM. Is it prudent to put a new recoil spring in there?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top