Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2015 5:19:10 PM EDT
Hey guys I have been seeing a few posts in GD lately about how bad the M&P trigger reset is and I wanted to relay some new information I have come across. Like everyone else, I was not impressed with the reset on my M&P's trigger. Recently I have found out that S&W has released a 3rd gen slide stop and an "H" stamp trigger bar. I installed both of these components in my gun in under 15 minutes and it cost me roughly 35 dollars shipped for the parts. The reset now is much more "tactile" and pronounced.

Once again these are new factory revised parts and relevantly cheap and easy to install. I have this coupled with the Apex poly trigger, sear, and striker block. I couldn't be happier with the trigger and gun overall now. Hopefully some of you guys find this useful.

ETA. The Apex RAM does not work on some newer guns due to a revised sear block. This is why I had to go a different route.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The new trigger parts are fantastic. Where did you find them in stock?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:33:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

G&R tactical and Speed shooter specialties
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Neither one has the parts in stock. I check all the time.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just ordered 1.5 weeks ago and they were.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#5]
when a manufacturer "revises" parts, they need to offer a free swap out program IMHO.  Making you pay for them is BS to the highest level
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Keep checking for stock.

I checked G and R daily for a month or more, before I caught the slide stops in stock.  I bought six when they had them to change out all of my M&P's.

ETA:  I tried to let everybody know when they had them.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Are these parts just for the full size M&P models or the compact and Shield as well?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Are these parts just for the full size M&P models or the compact and Shield as well?  Thanks.
View Quote

The M&P FS and Compact internals are interchangeable (obviously except for recoil spring and slide).  So trigger bar and slide stop assembly work for both FS and C models.  I can't speak to the shield parts.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#9]
When did they start putting this into their guns? I just bought an M&P 9 full size and I find the trigger to be really good. Crisp and I hear it reset (not that I care about hearing it) and doesn't not feel like a long travel for reset.

I'm a GLOCK guy who loves the M&P and is thinking my GLOCK G19 could be sold to buy another M&P.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When did they start putting this into their guns? I just bought an M&P 9 full size and I find the trigger to be really good. Crisp and I hear it reset (not that I care about hearing it) and doesn't not feel like a long travel for reset.

I'm a GLOCK guy who loves the M&P and is thinking my GLOCK G19 could be sold to buy another M&P.
View Quote

The M&P has been evolving since it came out.  It has gone through issues such as accuracy, no reset, gritty trigger, heavy pull, etc.  The last two years (maybe a little less) they changed the trigger bar, they switched the trigger to something similar to what the Shield is and made minor changes to the slide stop for the reset hump and to beef up points of stress.  

My M&P40c had the H-trigger bar but not the new slide stop assembly with the bump in it for the reset.  I got my M&P40c probably 2.5 years ago.  I just got the new slide stop assembly from G&R tactical and installed it.  There is definitely a reset where there wasn't much of one before.

Anyways, any new M&P produced in the last year is going to be fantastic.  

If you are looking for the slide stop assembly G&R is the only place I know of that has it and they have an order minimum.  I bought an extra trigger assembly and recoil spring.   If you buy the slide stop from brownells or speed shooters it is the 'old style' as of right now.  Once those dry up I am sure they will have the newer version.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
The trigger assembly parts have been in the new guns since last November. Some of the new parts were in guns previous to that, but S&W runs the parts until they are all out and then switches to the new part, so earlier than that could be hit or miss.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top