Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2015 1:04:01 PM EDT
I'm not having much luck with the search feature so I apologize if this has been covered before.

I've got a M&P 9mm, the 4.25" model, and I'm looking for a kydex OWB holster.  Don't really want a high riding concealment type pancake holster; Just something that is well built, easy drawing, and will work for range sessions, classes, and maybe some 3 gun matches.  I'd like to keep it under $75, but budget is my last concern.  TIA.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, that's not allowed-Dog1
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#2]
They're $85, but Raven Concealment has their Phantom available for quick-ship.  RCS Phantoms are all that I use for OWB anymore.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:16:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a RCS Phantom and it's awesome. You could also check Bladetech, they are pretty inexpensive and you can customize them with drop/offset, different belt loops, tekloks and such.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:46:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Off the grid concepts and trex-arms makes some good kydex holsters.

I bought one of OTG's OWB for my M&P9 when he first started. Still use it today.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Raven Concealment
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Ibx tactical

You can find them in the accessories section

Holster should run you about $60 shipped if I remember correctly

Customer service is top notch and the guys sent me a bunch of PMs making sure I knew what was going on and even sent me a pic before it was placed in the mail
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 12:08:57 AM EDT
[#8]
For everything but concealment I like the safariland als paddle holsters.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#9]
G-Code

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I normally recommend Raven Concealment as an extremely versatile holster, but since you mentioned range/competition use only and not wanting a kydex pancake type holster, I'd recommend the Comp-Tac International as a range/competition/pistol class holster. It offers both direct belt attachments for mid-ride and a drop/offset attachment for lower ride (what I prefer for competition).

For 3-gun, I recommend active retention since the possibility of losing your handgun during a stage is significantly higher with two other guns and more movement involved. I like the Safariland ALS duty holsters. It offers solid retention while still being quick to draw from.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I normally recommend Raven Concealment as an extremely versatile holster, but since you mentioned range/competition use only and not wanting a kydex pancake type holster, I'd recommend the Comp-Tac International as a range/competition/pistol class holster. It offers both direct belt attachments for mid-ride and a drop/offset attachment for lower ride (what I prefer for competition).

For 3-gun, I recommend active retention since the possibility of losing your handgun during a stage is significantly higher with two other guns and more movement involved. I like the Safariland ALS duty holsters. It offers solid retention while still being quick to draw from.
View Quote

Good suggestion regarding retention;  I didn't think of that.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Give Baer Tactical an email. I posted a link to their Facebook page.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top