Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2015 12:00:28 AM EDT
Is there anyone that sells a slide that's already milled for an RMR, like the Atom slides for Glocks? I figured it would be easier than sending my slide off, but when I Googled it, it was just showing places that can do it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:11:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Smith & Wesson - the M&P CORE slide will accept the RMR without modification.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:14:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not buying another M&P to put an RMR on it, if it comes down to it I'll just send my slide off.

Unless you meant there's somewhere that is still selling CORE slides.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:36:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not buying another M&P to put an RMR on it, if it comes down to it I'll just send my slide off.

Unless you meant there's somewhere that is still selling CORE slides.
View Quote

Don't know - maybe call S&W? They are offering screaming deals on their guns right now, so maybe the parts are piling up? I got in on the 44mag.com deal for cheap upper halves a few years back
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Call Doug at ATEi.  He specifically matches his cut to the RMR you send him with the slide.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Call Doug at ATEi.  He specifically matches his cut to the RMR you send him with the slide.
View Quote

That's what I'm probably going to end up doing, I was just seeing if there was anywhere that sells one already milled since I'm impatient.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:24:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's what I'm probably going to end up doing, I was just seeing if there was anywhere that sells one already milled since I'm impatient.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the same issues - Doug's work is worth the wait
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Check the EE if you haven't already, occasionally I see a pre-milled slide go up for sale.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It really is.  Pre-cut slides are ok but Doug cuts them to match your EXACT RMR, so the fit is perfect.  ATEi is the only place that I trust with my slide work (Doug is local, so I've actually met him and been in his shop.  Man-crush).
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Will be watching this thread. Between a 5" core or getting another 4.25" and sending it directly to Doug. Only benefit I see of core is I can run other reflex sights instead of trijicon if desired.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll probably end up sending mine off to Doug, but I went and added up everything I want ATEi to do, about $1500 including an RMR.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Doug does great work. Well worth the wait and money.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Doug does great work. Well worth the wait and money.
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m504/Fozzy8/image.jpg1_zpsl4uzuvc0.jpg
View Quote

Did you get your RMR through him? Did you have any of his trigger work done or only machining? Looks great.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I had the RMR. I was going to have him do trigger work and have sweaty, muddy, bloody do some stippling, but the price to ship my frame was too much of a deterrent. I'm local to Salient, so they'll be getting the gun for trigger install and frame work.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#14]
If you call anyone other than Doug at ATEi, you're doing it wrong.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I had the RMR. I was going to have him do trigger work and have sweaty, muddy, bloody do some stippling, but the price to ship my frame was too much of a deterrent. I'm local to Salient, so they'll be getting the gun for trigger install and frame work.
View Quote
Post up about the trigger when you get it done.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you call anyone other than Doug at ATEi, you're doing it wrong.

View Quote

nah, you can call dpcustomworks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top