Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2015 5:57:38 PM EDT
Anyone besides AAC make a S&W M&P 9mm barrel threaded 13.5x1LH?  If not, is the PRO barrel long enough to be properly threaded for the full size M&P?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Anyone besides AAC make a S&W M&P 9mm barrel threaded 13.5x1LH?  If not, is the PRO barrel long enough to be properly threaded for the full size M&P?

Thanks
View Quote
The factory barrel wont work for that, it has a step down in profile from the muzzle. If you did that the muzzle end of the barrel wouldn't be properly secured in the slide.

KKMs are straight profiled barrels, if you wanted to go that route, or just ask one of the threaded barrel manufacturers(SL, KKM, Bar-sto) if they could do a 13.5x1LH if you are that opposed to AAC.

Notice the step down from the muzzle end.

Edit: After looking at the AAC barrels, those look like SL is the actual manufacturer, call SL and see if they will make one to your thread spec.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Ordered one from S&W.  It should be here Wednesday.  Price was $80.00 plus tax and shipping.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ordered one from S&W.  It should be here Wednesday.  Price was $80.00 plus tax and shipping.
View Quote

Which thread pitch was it? I had a an original S&W 13.5x1LH metric barrel that I sent in with an M&P for warranty work, and it was returned with a newer 1/2x28 threaded barrel. Since that did not fit my suppressor, I called them to try to swap it back out, but they said I was SOL since they didn't make them anymore.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#4]
It was 13.5x1LH threads.  I confirmed with the guy on the phone twice regarding the thread pitch wanting to avoid the hassle of being sent another 1/2-28RH barrel.  The part number is 392560000.  I guess I'll find out Wed if they screwed up or sent the correct one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top