Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2015 2:04:20 PM EDT
I'm a Glock lover and i'm used to Glock triggers, but I need something more concealable for summertime.  I picked up Shield last year and thus far put around 1k rounds through it and the trigger still sucks balls.

I love everything else about it.  size, recoil, feels great in my hand and i can easily manipulate the thumb safety.  (I'm a girl, all these things matter as much as being able to conceal it)

I have tried getting used to it/breaking it in with no luck.  the trigger is squishy and spongy until i get through the slack to a brick wall.  this is costing me accuracy.  and since i plan to carry it on a daily basis, something must be done.

i know about the APEX trigger kits and have spent range time with a full size M&P with the APEX kit.  I liked it a lot.  it was like night and day, but i don't want to lose the S&W warranty if i swap out aftermarket parts.

My questions to you all is:

has anyone sent their shield to the performance center for trigger work?  what services did you have done?  how did it feel after?

Summer is around the corner and im hoping to take care of this soon.  

thanks!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Do they take in that tyoe of work? Seems like a good idea actually if you can use factory parts. I've read that the performance center sear mimicks the apex sear.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, in theory it sounds like a good idea.  I was just wondering if anyone else may have done it.

If I do, I'll post an update.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Google Burwell Trigger Job! And spend NO Money and get the desired trigger pull You are looking for. I have done 3 M&P 2 Pro's and 1 Fullsize all 9mm following the Directions and Pictures on the Burwell website. I don't understand why People spend 100.00 or more for Apex Kits when You can follow Burwells instructions and spend NO Money!
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I think you missed the part about keeping the lifetime warranty intact.

It can be voided if I do any work myself.  Plus, I'm not about to mess around with something I have little knowledge about.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think you missed the part about keeping the lifetime warranty intact.
It can be voided if I do any work myself.  Plus, I'm not about to mess around with something I have little knowledge about.
Thanks for the suggestion though.
View Quote

S&W will still warranty it with aftermarket parts, but they may swap them back out with factory parts if you send it in.

Just keep the factory parts to put back in if you need to send the gun for warranty.

ETA: Dropping in a sear is stupid easy, but if it's the crunch before the break that bothers you then it's the striker block that needs to be polished or replaced. Again, worst case you lose your polished striker block if you send it in.

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:27:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Google Burwell Trigger Job! And spend NO Money and get the desired trigger pull You are looking for. I have done 3 M&P 2 Pro's and 1 Fullsize all 9mm following the Directions and Pictures on the Burwell website. I don't understand why People spend 100.00 or more for Apex Kits when You can follow Burwells instructions and spend NO Money!
View Quote

I did the burwell and it was better, but the apex kit took it to a new level. Replacing the hinged trigger alone was huge, and the geometry of the parts is different and better. Its worth every dime, at least for the compact. I cant speak for the shield.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I hear replacing a sear is easy, but i'm more familiar with glocks and have done nothing close to anything resembling gunsmithing.  

Money is not the issue, and yes i did ask to have whatever parts are replaced be returned.

when i spoke to the support rep after they received it, he said they can do it.  

only let down was that they don't install trijicon night sights on the shield models.  

gonna have to take it somewhere local when it comes back i guess.  turn around is 8-12 weeks so i won't get it back til july-august.  

oh well, i'll update after it comes back and i give it a day at the range.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#8]
...or you could just install the apex trigger kit?????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top