Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2015 11:47:06 PM EDT
I'm looking for a good and yet cost effective mag extension option for my M&P9 mags. I have had the Arredondos for a few years and though they worked OK at first I'm starting to see weakening of the lips and the spring kit still allows for sliding forward from the body. I know about the TTI's and Taylors, but I came across these recently: A11 Mag Extension

I'm having trouble pulling up any info on them anywhere... But for a reported +6 capacity, aluminum body with a screw stop plate, all for $22 shipped I may have to get a few to tryout.

Does anybody have any experience with these? It looks as if there might be a fit issue with the rear of the extension body to the grip panel plug.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you meant these.
Not for Glock
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:08:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I just installed them. Fit and finish are impressive. Using the spring kits I used with my Arredondo's, they hand cycle nicely, but I could only fit 22 rounds... so its really a +5 extension. The slight horizontal milling adds just enough traction and a little extra to look at. Taking them out to the range tomorrow along with 200rds.

Note that the pics in the eBay auction are actually for Glock mags, and not the version for M&P mags. The main difference being that the stop plates of the M&P bases are up front, while the Glocks are in the rear.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#3]
not bad. i too ran arrendondos till i stripped one off during a reload at a uspsa match and shot bullets and springs everywhere. i have no problem with the plastic body, its the method of attaching to the mag body.

later i found a deal on TFs and have ran those with no issues.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]
**Range Update**

After two separate trips to the range, I ran almost 250rds through my M&P9 using the two mags with these basepads on them and I had 0 malfunctions. I shot a mix of factory Remington UMC and Winchester white box FMJ's.

I was able to slam the mags in hard enough to toggle the slide release, allowing the slide to chamber the next round with no issues. The Arredondo's required a little more care with speed reloads or else the basepad would shift forward exposing the magazine spring. Each mag was dropped freely onto the ground several times each with no damage or wear to show for it.

I should note that I purchased the spring kits when I bought the Arredondo's which included +10% power magazine springs. These springs were the same ones used with these basepads. I have little to no info on the manufacturer of these basepads, but I do know that the only distributer for them is that eBay store (link in first post) and that the bottom of the pads read " R  USA" (but that doesn't exactly mean made in the USA).

So far so good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top