Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2014 12:25:40 PM EDT
I just purchased a S&W Shield in 9mm - Lanbo's Armory has them for a good deal - $338 + about $11 shipped to my FFL.  

I need good holster recommendations.  I think I'd prefer IWB, and something that is easy to conceal.

What do you guys think is the best holster for the Shield?

TYIA,
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Posted this recently in another forum....

So far, I've tried the following options with my Shield:

Mika IWB - very well crafted, just as you would expect from Mika. My issue is that it rides just a little too high for my tastes. Soon to be for sale on this forum.
Remora - I don't know why I keep buying these holsters as they NEVER work for me with any gun. Good company though run by very nice people.
Kusek Holsters - Well crafted and inexpensive. It's a single clip holster and I'm kinda moving away from single clip designs with the exception of very small pistols (LCP). Will probably sell this one.
Little FoxX- well crafted and reasonably priced. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a comfortable configuration and traded it in for a...

FoxX Hybrid - We have a winner here folks. FoxX was nice enough to accept a return on the Little FoxX and replace it with the Hybrid. It's simple, minimalist, adjustable, well made, comfortable and reasonably priced. After a little fiddling, I was able to find the right configuration for the clips. It's my first foray into hybrid holsters and now I'm thinking that I need this type of holster for every gun I own.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#2]
i carry mine on the belt in a Winthrop leather holster sometimes. Usually I use one of  those little spring
steel hooks that adhere to the frame side with 3m body molding tape. I placed it so that I can still use the
Winthrop when I want to. Most of the time I loosen my belt, slide the pistol inside the waistband with the
hook over the pants waistband and tighten the belt. Its comfortable and anything covers it.
I know its not modern or tactical cool, but its cheap and it just works for me. ymmv.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like the Galco KingTuk for the Shield. I also fully recommend the Crossbreed tuckable mag carrier.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Any of the hybrid IWB holsters should be fine. I have an Alien Gear for my Shield and it is comfortable and conceals very well. Another good option is CrossBreed's SuperTuck. I have a SuperTuck for my Glocks and they are even more comfortable than my Alien Gear. I have no experience with any of the others, but they are all made about the same.

Bub75

ETA- If you go to www.crossbreedseconds.com they have "seconds" that are immediately available to ship. I have no affiliation with them and have never bought a second, but they seem to be reasonably priced and they really are a good, comfortable, concealable holster.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Alien Gear
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Recently in GD

I'm sold on Theis hoslsters.  A Crossbreed/Comptac lookalike.  I have one for a Shield, an M&P 9C, and an FNS-9.  Wore the M&P 9C today, wearing the FNS-9 now.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Alien Gear
View Quote

I don't care for mine. I can see the back of the trigger; the holster does not completely cover the trigger. I don't know why they design it like that. I find myself not wearing it for that reason.

I have been using a JM Custom kydex IWB3 for appendix carry.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't care for mine. I can see the back of the trigger; the holster does not completely cover the trigger. I don't know why they design it like that. I find myself not wearing it for that reason.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alien Gear

OK, you can see the back of the trigger.  Can you 'accidently' get a finger in there and fire it?  If not, then I don't understand what the problem is.

I have a DeSantis Intruder and an Alien 2.0, both IWB.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Rigid holsters for a hybrid and jccustomkydex for kydex
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:38:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a DeSantis Intruder hybrid IWB and a Werkz Kydex for OWB. They both work just fine for me.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:48:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just purchased a S&W Shield in 9mm - Lanbo's Armory has them for a good deal - $338 + about $11 shipped to my FFL.  

I need good holster recommendations.  I think I'd prefer IWB, and something that is easy to conceal.

TYIA,
View Quote

I'm pleased with my Crossbreed Supertuck setup with V-Clips. They are having a cyber Monday sale, FWIW.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm not a big fan of "hybrid" holsters - they feel like a Maxi-pad jammed into your pants - but YMMV.  Take a look at PJ Holsters Kydex IWB - they are great, I have several.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

TYIA,
View Quote

softuk is very comfy  amazonian linkage
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top