Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I had put Apex in all my M&P pistols the first time around. I eventually sold them all, but I am getting back into M&P. I'm starting with the compact, and it has a decent trigger. It's nowhere as good as what Apex achieves, but it has enough of a reset that I will probably stick with it for a while. That and I just don't have the cash to throw down on Apex stuff at this time.

I plan to get a non-safety Shield maybe in a couple of months. I will probably leave it stock, as well, for a time. Eventually, I would want Apex parts in both of them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm leaving my 9mm Shield stock. Trigger is fine to me. My M&P 9FS, however, has a mushy reset compared to the Shield. I don't like the feel. I'm going to have the Apex Duty kit put on it soon.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a c.2011 M&P9 and an M&P40 I purchased last November. I shoot both with their factory, stock triggers. Frankly, I don't see the need to "upgrade" either one. Neither is what you would want in a target trigger but both are quite suitable for HD/CC duty. The ONLY thing I really dislike is the lack of a positive reset but it is nothing that keeps me from putting bullets where I want them to go.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one friend who leaves his stock. Only because he's afraid if he ever has to use his gun in self defense he doesn't want an argument over changing out a factory part. He has a 10 lbs. trigger (MA law) . We shoot IDPA matches and he gets his ass kicked all the time because the trigger pull forces him to jerk the gun. I haven't been able to reason with him in 4 years.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Install the USB bare minimum.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine are all stock.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#8]
9 Pro
9 FS
9c
Shield 9

All stock
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#9]
9 fs and c.  Thought they were fine.  Didn't understand the fuss, until I picked up a Sig in a trade for an upper.
Quickly realized how much harder the m&p triggers were to shoot well.
Dropped in the DCAEK minus the trigger spring and like the pinned post says, "fell in love with my m&p again".
If you're considering, just do it.  Totally worth the $75.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:31:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine is stock, but I haven't shot it yet and I also haven't dry fired one with an apex kit.  The stock on mine feels fine but I don't know what I'm missing.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top