Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2014 11:20:30 PM EDT
Its often times very hard to describe trigger characteristics in text so i figured a video was in order.

Its been a while since ive futzed around with M&P's but recently, a buddy asked me to install a DCAEK in his gun.  I went ahead and did the install in about 10 minutes (i love drop in parts) and was very impressed with the end result just as i was several years ago when i was shooting M&P's exclusively.

The gun in the video is NOT equipped with the newer Slide stop or trigger bar so i expect the trigger to be even better after i get those parts in and install them.

Things to note:

1.  The trigger is CRISP.  VERY crisp with a definitive wall and a very short, snapping break.
2.  The reset is short...REALLY short, way shorter than any Glock.  In fact, the reset distance rivals some of my DA/SA guns.
3.  For a drop in trigger kit, the price is right at under 100 bucks.  The fact that you can customize the trigger by adding or subtracting a myriad of springs to get your desired pull weight is even cooler.
4.  The kits are reliable.  On my older gen M&P's with the DCAEK's in them, i have over 100k rounds through them without any issues.  No dead triggers, no broken parts and no concerns.
5.  The newer generation M&P's have MUCH improved triggers but the DCAEK's allow you to customize your break AND pre travel in any manner you desire.  If you want a lighter pre travel, install their competition spring.  If you want a heavier break, install a heavier sear plunger spring.  I LOVE being able to tune the trigger to give me exactly what i desire.

Now, having said this...something is coming, tomorrow.  Stay tuned.  If you watch the video, there is a small teaser towards the end.  Limited shooters are going to LOVE this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBATzQWd4RM
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 12:42:30 AM EDT
[#1]
New recoil spring assembly?
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#2]
No sir!

The info will be up shortly.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't catch it either.

When is the update ?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Soooooooooo...

ETA: just saw the other thread

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine is in their shop now, can't wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top