Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2014 1:05:20 AM EDT
I've read this on M4carbine but I think it might only be for LE models. Is this true? If so, has the improved trigger made it to commercial guns yet? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Different trigger bar and performance center sear
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I am interested in this to.... A FS 9mm is in my future.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The newer ones are a bit better.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
From about March 2013 to present there have been a few changes. All of these seem to be for the better.  I may be missing something but this should help you.

1. The slide stop now has welded tabs and a bump on the right side. This helps with the reset and you can now feel it as well as hear it. The welds also help reinforce the slide release tabs so they don't break like older models.
2. The trigger bar has been changed and should have an H stamped on it. Not exactly sure what changed.
3. The sear has been changed and is similar to the performance sear. This helps with trigger pull.
4. Some say the slide has tighter tolerances and the lock up is better. I can not confirm this.
5. The 9mm barrel now has a 1:10 twist.

I have a 2013 full size .40 that has all the upgrades. The trigger pull is still long and there is a slight grittiness but not much. I polished the trigger bar slightly and it helps a lot. The trigger pull weight is about 6.5 lbs. The reset Can be felt and has a nice audible  click, and the break is pretty crisp too.  I like the new trigger but still am wondering if I should try the APEX DCAEK kit and the polymer trigger. . I just don't want to waist money If I don't have to.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:33:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From about March 2013 to present there have been a few changes. All of these seem to be for the better.  I may be missing something but this should help you.

1. The slide stop now has welded tabs and a bump on the right side. This helps with the reset and you can now feel it as well as hear it. The welds also help reinforce the slide release tabs so they don't break like older models.
2. The trigger bar has been changed and should have an H stamped on it. Not exactly sure what changed.
3. The sear has been changed and is similar to the performance sear. This helps with trigger pull.
4. Some say the slide has tighter tolerances and the lock up is better. I can not confirm this.
5. The 9mm barrel now has a 1:10 twist.

I have a 2013 full size .40 that has all the upgrades. The trigger pull is still long and there is a slight grittiness but not much. I polished the trigger bar slightly and it helps a lot. The trigger pull weight is about 6.5 lbs. The reset Can be felt and has a nice audible  click, and the break is pretty crisp too.  I like the new trigger but still am wondering if I should try the APEX DCAEK kit and the polymer trigger. . I just don't want to waist money If I don't have to.
View Quote

Thanks. That's exactly what I needed to know
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know what they did to the new performance center guns but the ported one I handled was so much better than the guns in the past I was amazed. Even had a nice over travel stop built in which works better than the older version.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The 9Pro I have does not seem horrid like I read it should. About 300  rounds it's fine and I like the way it feels. Wife has 9C and it is okay.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Put the Apex sear in and don't look back. Great improvement for $50.

Are the newer M&P factory triggers better?

They are less bad.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought they felt surprisingly good.

Not as good as a stock Glock or Apexed M&P, but pretty nice.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#10]
What about the .45??
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#11]
There is no guarantee you will get a gun with all the improvements in it. You will have to look closely. The list posted above is good. Head over to Modern Service Weapons and have a look. They have good examples of what to look for.

I have a newly purchased M&P Pro 9mm, manf. June 2014. It did not come with the new slide stop. It did have the new H stamp trigger bar, PC sear, and new twist barrel. It also still has the old style sear block, not sure if it has the 1/8" sear spring or the 1/16". BTW: the barrel was shit, metal flaking and pits formed in the chamber after 1000 rounds. It's back at S&W for repairs.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Picked up a .45 a couple of months ago.. mushy trigger with zero reset...  Just put in an apex hard sear
improved the trigger and reset somewhat...  wish apex made a RAM for the .45
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I've got a FS 9mm with a born on date of 11/03/2014, it has the PVD finish, when I get a minute I'll tear it apart and take a look at the internals to see if they are the upgrades.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:15:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've got a FS 9mm with a born on date of 11/03/2014, it has the PVD finish, when I get a minute I'll tear it apart and take a look at the internals to see if they are the upgrades.

View Quote

PVD finish? They change the finish?
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 2:35:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone know if I call them would they take my old M&Ps and update the parts to the current line parts or would that be a charge for upgrade by the gunsmith?
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if I call them would they take my old M&Ps and update the parts to the current line parts or would that be a charge for upgrade by the gunsmith?
View Quote

I cant imagine them replacing good parts for free. I could see it if they were repairing the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top