Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2014 10:15:18 PM EDT
Purchased a Trijicon RM01 that I plan on mounting on my full size M&P9. I think I know who I want to do the mill work and add suppressor sights but open to suggestions.  For those that have a MRD mounted what did you learn from your experience?  Who did your work?  Would you do it again?

Thanks in advance for any input
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#1]
These guys did RMR and other milling plus refinishing for a guy in my USPSA club and it came out fantastic. No experience with anyone else.
http://www.dpcustomworksllc.com
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Purchased a Trijicon RM01 that I plan on mounting on my full size M&P9. I think I know who I want to do the mill work and add suppressor sights but open to suggestions.  For those that have a MRD mounted what did you learn from your experience?  Who did your work?  Would you do it again?

Thanks in advance for any input
View Quote

Bowie Tactical
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't use it. Good luck with yours.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I couldn't use it. Good luck with yours.
View Quote

I have fifty year old eyes and cannot see a front sight post on a pistol without reading glasses

Hoping the RMR will help - especially indoors.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
You might be better off getting a CORE instead of paying to have new sights and a milled slide.

Either sell you current M&P or better yet, have two.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You might be better off getting a CORE instead of paying to have new sights and a milled slide.

View Quote

Not an option in California M&P9s are off list.  Plus I already have a Shield, M&P9C and M&P45  

Someday I'll live in a free state again
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine was done by Doug Holloway of ATEi.  When I realized that the machinist who did the Costa/Haley M&Ps was literally 20 minutes away from my house, I took a drive.  I even modeled my pistol after Doug's: he puts the RMR all the way back without a rear site (we just mark up the RMR with a sharpie to act as backup sights).  

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mine was done by Doug Holloway of ATEi.  When I realized that the machinist who did the Costa/Haley M&Ps was literally 20 minutes away from my house, I took a drive.  I even modeled my pistol after Doug's: he puts the RMR all the way back without a rear site (we just mark up the RMR with a sharpie to act as backup sights).  

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3907/15369758761_490bf617bf_c.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the share!  I've heard tremendous things on Doug's work and he is at the very top of my list.  How does the straight line on the back of your RMR work for you in "finding the dot" and lining up with the front site post?  Are you using Torx screws and what Loctite?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:02:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not an option in California M&P9s are off list.  Plus I already have a Shield, M&P9C and M&P45  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rmr sits better in a milled slide anyways, better co witness with front sight.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks for the share!  I've heard tremendous things on Doug's work and he is at the very top of my list.  How does the straight line on the back of your RMR work for you in "finding the dot" and lining up with the front site post?  Are you using Torx screws and what Loctite?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doug actually provides the screws after the work is done and he doesn't use Loctite.  And honestly, I don't really use the line to find the dot.  I've just done enough presentations to know how to properly line it up and find it quickly.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Doug actually provides the screws after the work is done and he doesn't use Loctite.  And honestly, I don't really use the line to find the dot.  I've just done enough presentations to know how to properly line it up and find it quickly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Doug at ATEI did mine. I'd  do nothing differently. The rmr is way faster to shoot with after you pick up on it. Takes a bit at first.

NOEQUARTER did the stippling. I trimmed the Beaver tail last week. I got tired of it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Doug at ATEI did mine. I'd  do nothing differently. The rmr is way faster to shoot with after you pick up on it. Takes a bit at first.

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o434/moose00015/17056_zps51beda10.jpg

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o434/moose00015/20140515_185902_zps77456d5c.jpg

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o434/moose00015/17053_zps60985367.jpg

NOEQUARTER did the stippling. I trimmed the Beaver tail last week. I got tired of it.
View Quote

That looks real nice - Thanks for the share!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#14]
When I had been looking before LandM Precision came up a lot and had great feedback from what I saw. I just picked up a M&P and am looking to send it out to be cut once I figure out a optic.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:45:35 AM EDT
[#15]
L&M did the work on my G17, and I wouldn't hesitate to send him an M&P. As for using the RMR, I love it. Yesterday I took mine to the range, and it was really windy. I was shooting 20 oz Mt. Dew bottles as the wind blew them across the berm at 25 yards. I've made hits on IPSC silhouettes with relative ease out to 100 yards. Being able to focus clearly on the target AND the dot at the same time is a game changer for me when it comes to precision. The dot is very fast for follow up shots and multiple targets, but it does take some training/familiarization to be fast on the first shot up close.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#16]

http://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Doug will make it shoot down spaceships.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think there is a reasonably priced used Core on budsgunshop.com.  Let's see if it's still there......  Nope it's gone.

ETA: I bought a used M&P 9 with 2 barrels (regular & threaded) from Buds with a Leupold Delatpoint mounted on it for $769 a while back.

I've heard good things about Bowie as well.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#19]
It it recommended to refinish the slide after sights and RMR install?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/
View Quote

Thank you for the link.  My google fu was weak and as a result I was landing on a wrong page
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It it recommended to refinish the slide after sights and RMR install?
View Quote

I don't know about everyone else, but L&M cerakotes the machined area under the RMR.  I had him do the whole slide in burnt bronze while he was at it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Mark Housel from L&M did my G19 & switched the sights from one G19 slide to another & cerakoted the one with the 10-8 sights....he is one of the best of the best when it comes to RMR's and will be putting a RMR on my M&P 45c. He also bore sights both the sights and RMR and they were dead on for me, I did not have to adjust em at all when sighting in the Glocks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top