Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2014 11:09:38 AM EDT
Does it effect function at all, or does it just leave a small gap where it used to sit?

Would I be at any risk for a malfunction of some sort from if I chose to carry one with the safety removed?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't have to remove it, just a simple modification.
No risk of causing a malfunction.  The safety is just a trigger block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRsxcPfZ8mE

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:22:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You don't have to remove it, just a simple modification.
No risk of causing a malfunction.  The safety is just a trigger block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRsxcPfZ8mE

View Quote

Have you tried this?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad I watched that video, painful though it was.

He could have shortened it up by 2/3's.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I have done 2 Shields like the video. Plus I cut off the lever,  but it leaves a gap. Used some plastic off an old floppy disk to make a cover for them.

Some will say its OK to remove it all together, but it does prevent the sear pin from drifting. The sear pin also holds your ejector in place. I will try and post some pics later when I am on my main computer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:38:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Call S&W and they will send you a plug for no charge. If you sound like a reasonably qualified gunsmith.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:22:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Call S&W and they will send you a plug for no charge. If you sound like a reasonably qualified gunsmith.
View Quote

Not for a Shield they won't.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:51:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Huh, I couldn't get S&W to send me a part I was paying for so good luck with that. Their customer service sucks in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Would cutting that little tab void the lifetime service policy?

ETA: just got off the phone with CS. According to them, cutting the tab as described in the video does void the warranty/service policy. Something to keep in mind if you are considering this route.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I just push the fancy little lever down and leave it.... not sure what all the hype is over over the shields safety, its not like it is a huge paddle that they put on the 9/9c.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just push the fancy little lever down and leave it.... not sure what all the hype is over over the shields safety, its not like it is a huge paddle that they put on the 9/9c.
View Quote

Murphys Law and all that.

Pic:

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pic:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/WhiteWolfe/DSC00329_zpsb1971496.jpg~original

So how does that cover stay in place?

Looks great to me.

Any chance you want to sell me 2 of those covers???
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Looks great to me.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pic:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/WhiteWolfe/DSC00329_zpsb1971496.jpg~original

Looks great to me.

I'd be in for one of those covers, if you are taking orders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top