Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2014 8:39:20 PM EDT
Older guy at our weekly league is selling guns. I ask what's for sale? He's got a M&P 45 full size, four mags, APEX sear kit, Fastfire II and mount. He said he bought it early this year, the box has a born on date of 2013 day 115. He wants $400, I gladly gave it to him. The gun has been used little. The trigger pull is 3 pounds 5 ounces. The gun shot to the left and the rear sight has marks from drifting. The problem was the front sight was off. Once I centered both, it shoots great. I'm guessing he couldn't get it to shoot straight and got rid of it. This is my first S&W, I always thought it would be a revolver.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#1]
You did absolutely wonderful!

They are great guns and the 45 is King of the M&P Line.

Try some Atlanta Arms 185Gr Match JHP's in her and for defense NOTHING beats the Remington Golder saber...... Nothing.

cp
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#2]
GREAT BUY!!!! You never hear anything bad about the .45's. Best polymer .45 ACP guns on the market.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I love mine, I carry it and use it for 2/3gun matches.
APEX DAEK and polymer trigger and XS standard dot sights
I paid $500 for it new last year with 2 mags.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#4]
That almost theft! Great job op, welcome to the part pal.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:03:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Sweet deal OP!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:54:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn good deal! Lucky dog...
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:24:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Good grab...  I've got north of 25k rounds through mine and it's been extremely accurate and reliable.  You'll love it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Try some Atlanta Arms 185Gr Match JHP's in her and for defense NOTHING beats the Remington Golder saber...... Nothing.

cp
View Quote

Actually, most quality hollowpoints from known manufacturers beat the Golden Saber in terms of weight retention, penetration, and reliable expansion.  Golden Saber is better than ball, but certainly not a top choice.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#9]
WOW! At that price that is almost robbery!  What a deal on an awesome gun!  Enjoy it and welcome to the M&P club!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Actually, most quality hollowpoints from known manufacturers beat the Golden Saber in terms of weight retention, penetration, and reliable expansion.  Golden Saber is better than ball, but certainly not a top choice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cp

Our tests showed that the GS rounds RARELY open up as advertised, Gold Dots and HST were the top performers. I carry HST's in my 45c and issued Gold Dots for duty.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cp

I have to agree here. I'd much rather have some Ranger T or Federal HST, even Hornady XTP.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I love my M&P 45, it's been 100% reliable.  You got a great deal.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#13]
You got a really nice deal, most of the people in my neck of the woods that are selling(or trying to sell) want damn near as much as I could buy a new one for.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:19:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Man that is a heck of a deal! I love my M&P40 is a fantastic gun, once the triggers have been fixed the guns themselves are as good or better than my Glock.  They certainly fit your hand better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top