Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2014 4:51:44 PM EDT
I'm looking forward to trying out this setup.

It's not light, about 4 lbs, but it has very little uptake and over travel.

Added Wilson Tactical black rear sights and fiber optic front too.

Y'all impressed with Apex as much as I am? I have their sear in my carry gun as well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:54:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Y'all impressed with Apex as much as I am? I have their sear in my carry gun as well.
View Quote

I love mine. I'm getting to the point where all other trigger don't feel good anymore. I also installed adjustable Dawson sights on my pro series so this is my race gun ??
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I personally wouldn't want an FSS kit in any of my defensive M&Ps, but I'd love a 5" 9mm with FSS and a red dot for fun!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I love mine. I'm getting to the point where all other trigger don't feel good anymore. I also installed adjustable Dawson sights on my pro series so this is my race gun ??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a race gun but does put me into ESP in IDPA.

I just came back from the match. I switched to a green fiber optic recently. I liked it around the house but on the range today it seemed like it washed out. So ill be switching back to red.

Regarding the trigger, I shot a little better than usual but was expecting to shoot better. Still about the fundamentals.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I personally wouldn't want an FSS kit in any of my defensive M&Ps
View Quote

Why not?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my M&P 9mm with FSS trigger kit. I used the 5lbs spring and use it for carry. It's perfectly safe to carry as long as you practice good trigger discipline. The trigger has no take up at all which is nice, but I am more cautious about not touching it unless I want to shoot it. It generally just stays in my holster most the time anyways. But yeah huge improvement over the stock trigger and my accuracy improved greatly.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why not?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I personally wouldn't want an FSS kit in any of my defensive M&Ps

Why not?

Too little takeup for a defensive gun IMO.  I also think 1911s are great for shooting but sucky threat management tools, so take that into account.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

You should be happy, I put one on my CORE, the big difference in the trigger to me (that goes for all three APEX mods, duty carry on compact and .45 full size) was the consistency that they have. Stock varied by over a pound on pull to pull. With APEX a couple ounces of variance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top