Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2014 10:25:52 AM EDT
Just ran 150 trouble free FMJ since i noticed it upon break down and cleaning. Just wondering how common this may be?

</a>" />
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Called S&W they said they all bend but theyd send me a new one anyway which is cool of them.  Wonder why they bend like that
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Not seated correctly maybe or installing it crooked. It would be hard to do for sure.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard of it happening so I take care to make sure it's installed correctly.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I was told not to worry so im cool now, either way theyre sending a new one so i can say im very pleased with the CS!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Yikes. I have not noticed that on my Shield and I'm pretty OCD about stuff like that. I'm going to have to check it now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#6]
They said it was pretty common. Have 450 through it while its been bent. Not one issue. Smith will send out a new one if u play nice so a spare cant be a bad thing
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Checked mine just now while removing the rear sight to install the Apex USB.

It is not bent. I have just over 200 round through mine currently.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 3:57:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Just relaying the message is all, with the issues theyve been having with the .40's going kaboom. Wouldnt think theyd BS me! Man i hope theyre not BSing me lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top